scratching at night, black beard, help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
I don't know if this is the right section to be posting in, so i'm sorry to the mods if you need to move my post!

Now, I always search around on here before asking a question and i came across that the connection that scratching may mean she needs to lay infertile eggs. Pancake is my oldest female, i'm not sure about her exact age i was told she was around one year old when we rescued her.. so she may be around a year and a half now.

I am very concerned and confused about Pancake's behavior last night... Last night she decided after lights out that she was going to scratch and scratch and scratch!
I would hear her scratching, get out of bed and go check on her. Everytime i would check on here she would be in the corner of her viv laying flat on her belly. her beard was dark and i knew she was digging, or trying to dig at least ( I use ceramic tile so there wasn't much digging she could do, she just made the scratching noise). This went on for about 2 hrs of her scratching around untill i finaly heard the noise stop.

I decided not to go in and check on her again untill the lights went on in the morning because i didn't want to wake her up since she finally fell asleep ( or stopped scratching at least).

Now when i went in this morning when the lights came on (at 7 am.) she as laying in the middle of her viv in a pile of poop... :shock: I have never had a dragon poo in the middle of the night.. or lay in their own poo. Pancake will usually poo on one side of her tank and stay away from it untill i clean it up.

I'm very confused as to why this happened.
Let me make is 100% clear when i say i don't feed my dragons past 4 pm and the lights go off at 7pm so i know they have more then enough time to digest their food, I know it's not a question on digestion..
I have the proper set up, temps and so on.

questions:
Should i set up a lay box? this is my first time... so i'm not sure what to use for the box. (it is easter sunday and i know most places will be closed.. i don't know if i can set it up today.
Could she have been constipated? would this cause her to display the behavior that she did?

Some, anyone, suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

And HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!! :D
thanks,
Kacy

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Morning Kacy,
Call me if you need Help.
It will just be better than going back and forth on here.
Im up blah blah blah.
What is she doing right now?

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Shes laying on her log right now, looks alert but it's like she doesn't want to get warm. shes been staying away from her basking spot for a few days now. Ive had to place her on her basking spot. Ive been checking the temps and i know that they're fine

I'm conserned that i wont be home alot today due to easter and all and i'm afraid to leave her.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
OK K,
Give her a long warm soak before you head out.
The digging could of been just trying to find a place to settle in.
The poop I dont know. Call Me if you need Me.

Kacymyree

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I did soak her first thing in the morning because she was covered in poo from laying in it all night.
could you PM me your number, i might have my mom give you a call.
you don't think she has eggs or anything because thats the part that worries me.
Should i soak her again like a hour before we leave?

Bella12898

Hatchling Member
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh she was trying to dig a hole or something. Not her. I thought when you said scratching, she was doing it to herself. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom