Scratching at his cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

combuya

So my beardie, I just got him not to long ago. He's young (I think 6 months) I don't even know the gender I've just assumed it's a he for now.
He keeps scratching at his cage like he wants out. He runs along the side and jumps. I don't know what he wants! I just want him to be happy and seeing him like this breaks my heart. He is well handled, I was just playing with him and right when I put him back he started scratching. What do I do?!

MsCarter

Juvie Member
No need to be alarmed this is very typical behavior. I would like to ask you a few questions about your set up just to make sure he isn't stressed in his viv. How big is his enclosure? What are his temps (basking, warm side, cool side)? What type of UVB source are you using? What's his humidity level? And lastly, do you have a background in his Viv? Is he able to see his reflection (this can sometimes stress them out and make them scratch their cage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom