Scratching and laying against viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A behavior that my little beardie has been doing for awhile, that I can't figure, out is that she will prop almost all her body against the walls of her viv, and sleep there. She is also commonly found scratching the walls frantically. Why does she do this?

velvetraynet

Original Poster
I don't know how old she is exactly, but she is pretty small, so not even half a year. The tank is a good size. 40 gallons. And I am using a 100 watt external day bulb, and a 75 watt night bulb of same brand, along with a 15 UVB buld, unknown brand

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
No nightime bulb. Lights at night bother them and will prohibit sleep. Look on your UV bulb. What does it say? If it says anything other than ReptiSun 10.0, you need a new bulb. Is it a coil/compact or a tube style? You NEED a tube one. The coils/compacts harm beardies eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom