Scary Thing At Petsmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Went to petsmart to look for christmas presents and saw something that kinda scared the crap out of me...

TWO HEALTHY bearded dragons in a 20 gallon tank.
On REPTI CARPET
NO poop in site.
GOOD temperatures.
About 7-8 INCHES in size...

Scary...I won't lie :)

If you don't understand the post don't reply :)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I totally understand. I had the same reaction when I first saw beardies at my local PetSmart. Of course, I made it a point to visit every week (I have Buddy to thank for that) just to be sure that their viv was still the same. This was back in September, and so far, they still have the same setup.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
:blob5: :blob8: :blob8: Sounds like an episode of the twilight zone to me.You sure you didnt fall into another dimension? :wink:
Just kidding thats actually really good news maybe they are learning after all?Lets hope :silent:

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Jasper's Mom":4c5e2 said:
Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse? :laughing6:
:laughhard: :laughhard: Yes I believe it is!The sky is falling I know it :lol:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
The PetSmarts in our area started changing at the beginning of the year. I keep hoping that PetsCo will learn something from them. :roll:

Poison I understand how shocking and scary it must have been to see that. :shock: That's the way we felt when we first noticed they were changing. It was so nice to walk in and not see them on calcium sand anymore. And the size of food being feed was actually the proper size. Still didn't like the lighting they were using but that may have changed by now as I haven't even been to a pet store sense I got Itty Bitty back. Except for one of our reptile rooms were I might buy an occassional supers. Now if they could only start carrying the correct products, but if they did that I might faint.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I have to tell you guys, the petsmart we shop at from time to time has been that way as long as we've been going there. That's why it doesn't supprise me much.

CalBears

I've posted this a few times before too, but all the the PETsMART stores that I've been to have been great with their pets. All the pets that I've bought from them are in good health.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Our local Petsmart had repti carpet when I went in Saturday. I thought I must be mistaken. :lol: Temps looked ok, but they were using a round stick on so... But the little guy looked healthy, small but healthy. Looks like they are starting to actually get Smart! Now that is a nice Christmas present. :D

Sandy H

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Poisoned1":121d0 said:
Went to petsmart to look for christmas presents and saw something that kinda scared the crap out of me...

TWO HEALTHY bearded dragons in a 20 gallon tank.
On REPTI CARPET
NO poop in site.
GOOD temperatures.
About 7-8 INCHES in size...

Scary...I won't lie :)

If you don't understand the post don't reply :)

I saw the same thing at our local Petsmart where I just moved to. "I was like, what the...nothing to fault them for?" It was strange...maybe they are getting the hint.

Woodstock

Now, if we can get them to change their feeding habits (one cricket per reptile inch per day) we'll be all set.

I was in PetCo the other day, and it was not so nice. Sand on the bottom, 6 dragons in the same cage (and they were by no means babies), and temps way off. They all looked dusty, like they dust the dragons and not the crickets. And they all looked dark and cold.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Yesterday I was at Petland looking at all the beardeds like "AWWWW SO CUTTEEEEE!!!!"
(Then I looked down and noticed a baby dragon...not moving.
"OMGosh, I think he's dead!" :cry: 0
Worker: "Nah, just on quarantine." :|
"Is he SICK!?" :? :shock: :(
Worker: Nah :|
(Picks dragon up and flops it around, dragon lifts head and yells, "Take me home Haley!")
"What's wrong with him?!?!!!" :evil:
Worker: "Well, you know how it is, they don't usually make it as a baby." :)
"WHAT?!" :evil: :cry:
Worker: "So many things can go wrong." :|

Mom steps in...

Mom: "Yes her first dragon lasted for seven days."
"eight."
Mom: "oh"
Worker:"Yea that happens a lot." :)

Ok, It went on from there. All the lines you saw without Mom: or Worker: were me.
He told me they had to keep him on paper towels or he would die....blah blah blah.....That poor dragon! So limp and lifeless!!! :cry:

Sp1ke

Hatchling Member
The Petsmart by my house has been pretty good lately. When I first went in there they were on sand and had the infrared lights. I talked to the person in charge of the reptiles, and they actually listened to me :shock:. They have had just about everything right since then. The only thing is they keep getting in beardies that are obviously WAY to young to be sold. most are barely the size of my thumb :x . It's no wonder that a lot of their babies die :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom