scared me to death in first bath!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kinda put my mind at ease. I had NO IDEA that beardies take water in through the vent area. I had given Thai a both in Octiber and she was lovin it, just chillen out. I noticed she was lettin the water in through the sides of her mouth. After about a minutes, I noticed she was till doing it, so I took her out and she had what looked like a seizure. Water was comin out of her nose, she wasen't repsonding and I just about died. I put her down and started talking to her, and about 2 mins later she looked at me as if to say, Whats the problem mom? Why u freakin out? , I out her back into her tank and let her (well more me) relax LOL She seemed fine after that and I was told she just ingested tooooooo much water.

Hmm...just tonight when I was bathing Ralph, during one of his breakout attempts, he bonked his head on the side of the tub. After that he kinda spazzed out and then went limp. I thought he was dead, too! I just layed him on his favorite basking spot and left him alone, he slowly perked up. I have been freaked out about it all night. Next time I'll try the cloth in the bottom of the bath and see if he wants to hold on to my hand.

I think Lizards can just "check out" when they get stressed....we had a tiny lizard we cought at the 4 corners, and brought home once. One day it looked as if it had drowned in it's tiny water dish, it seemed dead. I took it out, emptied the dish, and put the lizard in the dish to do the funeral later, and left it on top of the fridge. An hour later, we go to get it, and the lizard is gone. That lizard was dead, I'm telling you! That was in the fall, the next spring we saw it dashing across the driveway, it lived through a snowy winter outside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk8chinhthuc
Top Bottom