Scared Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

So I need advice on how to get my baby BD to feel more comfortable with me. He lets me pet him (sometimes). It just seems as time goes on he keeps fighting me every time I try to hold him. At first he was calm in my hands and now he won't stop squirming. I just tried to get him out of his cage today and he was not having it and got a little aggressive. I want to be able to hold him and I want him to like it when I do.

What can do I do to make him more comfortable?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
All very common problems for noob lizard carers. But fear not, things do get better and soon you'll have mellow snuggly beardie who'll enjoy being handled by you.

Seems you've got a little livewire who may not have been handled a lot before you bought him.

Very important to never change a skittish hatchling about it's tank , all it will see is a looming figure and a scary 5 headed monster ,reinforcing it's fear. If the little guy backs off , take the hint and leave him be and let him have the space he needs.

I found with skittish little lizards the best approach is to wait for then to bask and then slowly and gently slip your fingers under it's chest and tummy and gently place the other cupped hand over their back and to draw your hands and lizard out and place it on your chest , kept the cupped hand over it and let it look around , then when it's calmed down somewhat, place the left wrist on the bottom half of the tail (gentle pressure) and pet it.

It's all about developing a trusting relationship with your dragon , takes time and patience.

When you are transferring the lizard from tank to you , make sure you supporting all it's body , if they are not properly supported , they will squirm about.

if beardie gapes at you, it's all bluff, pop a tasty bug or food treat into that open mouth....will soon associate you with being the bringer of yummy things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom