scared/aggressive behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkw321

I've had my dragon for about two years and all of a sudden she's puffing out her beard and acting aggressive and terrified whenever i reach into her cage. she's never been like this and has just been skid dish but never like this.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Do you have any new jewelry on or a unusual color nail polish? I can't wear blue nail polish or my black head band without it scaring my girl.

lkw321

Original Poster
no. i thought it was because i was wearing a black shirt bc she's always freaked out when I've had black nails or put something black near her, but I haven't worn anything dark since and she still freaks out every time i put my hand in the tank.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I'm stumped on this one, has it been going on long? You might have to start treating her like a wild baby, not reaching in from above, sliding your hand towards her at belly level etc..

She should quickly figure out that your really aren't scary. Handfeeding would help to.

lkw321

Original Poster
she's back to normal today. I was able to hand feed and pet her.…I noticed she was shedding so maybe that was why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom