Scale discoloration, it's white and not regular, HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfor

Hey there, my beardie (Randy), is a 1 and a 1/2 year old female, she's about 16 inches long and on the fat part of her tail (the begining of it), it's gone a different color, she has already shed all of her skin and it was a different color than this. The shedded skin was a bit darker than it is normally. The skin on her tail is now white (about 3 inches of it) and I'm worried that she has a disease or something. She has been acting different lately... such as, sleeping all day, everyday, and eating very little. I'm pretty sure that she shouldn't cange color if she's Brutmating.
PLEASE HELP.
Thanks, Chris.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Could you possible post a picture of it? Did you help rip a little shedding off and maybe that could have pulled of the scales and made it white?
A picture is worth a thousand words and would help.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Zenfor":1c8z5lt3 said:
I'm brand new to this site, how do I upload photo's?
Zenfor":1c8z5lt3 said:
I don't have a camera

You have to get a camera to upload photos :p

But in all seriousness, how can you best describe it? Does it look like it is the actual color of the scales or does it look like it could be like a fungus or something on the tail.

-Brandon

Zenfor

Original Poster
Her normal scale color is green/gold, and the tail just looks like the color has faded away. You know when you leave a plastic box out in the sun for to long, and it get's that weird discoloration in it? Well, it basically looks like that.

Stygma

My beardie, Nel is the same. During one shed he retained some skin around his fat pads for a long time and when it finally scuffed off, the scales were a different shade underneath. That coloration has stayed for every subsequent shed. He's perfectly healthy, as my vet can attest to, so I don't think it's anything to worry about, but make sure that your beardie doesn't have any retained skin around the base of her tail. Give her a warm bath and a gentle scrubbing, just to be sure. If it seems like it's causing her discomfort, take her to the vet - it could be a fungal growth, though it seems unlikely. Better safe than sorry, ne?

~ Styg

Ps: I'm alive, beardie-forums!! =D

Zenfor

Original Poster
Thanks Styg. And yeah, it's at the base of her tail, I just got home from work, and she's been laying in the same spot for about 18 hours now. I'm starting to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom