saying hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardkohr

Hi everyone... im Dan, yet another newbie introducing myself to this great site! youve all helped me and my new 5 month old dragon Lewis in so many ways. if im questioning something (i always am) i have confidence that ill find an answer on here. ill just say thank you to all who put forth the time and effort to answer all of our questions. Lewis is my first dragon and im loving it!
101_0369.jpg
101_0372.jpg

here is a couple pics of lewis at 4 months in his 20 gal tank the first day i brought him home. hes grown so much in the past month its amazing! so i just got done building him the basic crossfire enclosure... i will post pics of it when i can. again thanks to all for this helpful and fun site... i may be getting addicted!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hello Dan & Welcome to BD.org!
And.........
:blob8: Congratulations on the New Family member! :blob8:

Thanks for sharing the pic's of Lewis he is very handsome. :love10:
hardkohr":08a4d said:
... i may be getting addicted!
You will have lots of company here with many addicted members. :mrgreen:

Again Welcome Aboard! :D

hardkohr

Original Poster
thank you! today i finally saw him head bobbing! pretty cool... could he be establishing dominance in his new home?? or is that just a regular behavior? he started right when i got home from work.. sometimes he seems a lil aggitated until he gets his crickets lol

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
The head bobbing is a form of communication.
Mine will head bob each other their own reflections and me...when they want something like food or attention....sometimes I even get a thank-you bob after a treat. They will even head bob the cat. :lol:

I'd like to think that he was telling you hello and that he missed you....and now where's my bugs an attention slave. :lol:

hardkohr

Original Poster
wow that is so cool. ive wanted a dragon for years... finally got out of the Marines april 15 and got my first dragon Lewis on the 26th lol.. he amazes me everyday!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I'd like to say great job making it back home safe and sound. :wink: Thank-you!

Beardies are the most awesome pets...they have such amazing personalities....such characters.
Glad you finally got to get a beardie like you've wanted for so long.

annieoakley123

Sub-Adult Member
He looks great! this website is so helpful isnt it? it helped me so much before I got my first beardie....that was in march...now i have 2! haha

hardkohr

Original Poster
haha yeah ive already thought about getting another one already! my breeder told me it would only be a matter of time after i got Lewis lol

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
hardkohr":7e904 said:
haha yeah ive already thought about getting another one already! my breeder told me it would only be a matter of time after i got Lewis lol

Welcome Dan and Lewis!

You will hear many times on this site that beardies are like Pringles... ADDICTING!! I got my first beardie, Nero last September and here it is only 9 months later and # 4 and # 5 will be arriving here on the 17th.

hardkohr

Original Poster
haha yes my roomate even got in on it... he went out n got an iguana when he saw how fun lewis was lol... thinking of a pair of geckos possibly before another dragon.... a bit on the smaller side since we now have a 6 ft by 6ft enclosure for the green guy haha

leelasmom

Hatchling Member
hardkohr":e1cde said:
haha yes my roomate even got in on it... he went out n got an iguana when he saw how fun lewis was lol... thinking of a pair of geckos possibly before another dragon.... a bit on the smaller side since we now have a 6 ft by 6ft enclosure for the green guy haha

Welcome to you and Lewis...I'm new, too, and I have to say that so far, the people (and beardies) on this board are absolutely wonderful. :mrgreen:

FYI - Let your roomate know that Iguanas are a lot different than beardies - I'm partial to beardies since they are more docile and loving.
I got whipped by a friends' Iguana - for no reason. :(
Well...I'm sure he thought he had a good reason to do it.... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom