Say hi to Jupiter! (who hates me by the way lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonism

This is Jupiter! (who I managed to hold for all of 10 seconds)
XIsvuFK.jpg

heres what he looked like at the the pet store
um6UIms.jpg

at home in his new tank
http://i.imgur.com/lHDDNnp.jpg

Tk1BCdM.jpg

"i see u hooman. i no trust"

I got him from a local petstore that takes in beardies and occasionally breeds them too. Well, according to the manager, Jupiter's story was that his previous owner fed him a lot of "beardie junkfood" (pinkie mice, waxworms, etc.) so he pretty much will eat whatever you put in front of him. And I know this for a fact because when I brought him home, he tried to eat the fake plants I had in the tank (which I have removed lol). Well the owner really didn't do anything with him so he is not used to being handled AT ALL. I am trying my best, but I'm just getting a faceful of nasty hisses, black beard and untrusting eyes. (Surprisingly he hasn't bitten me yet.) But despite it all, I love him! He just has so much character that I want to explore and I'm willing to take out time with him. Apparently he's a year old and in my opinion, he's a bit on the skinny side for a dragon that was fed junk? I'm gonna spoil him lots! :lol:

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
Welcome!! Juniper is very pretty, looks a tad on the skinny side but with proper nutrition and feeding schedule it will fatten him right up.

Dragonism

Original Poster
Managed to get a pretty picture of him basking this morning~
Unfortunately, he still doesn't trust me and will black beard if I stay near the tank too long
vKoxrAr.jpg

Other than that, I've been making him nice salads. He looks way better than when I first brought him home I think. But we've still got a ways to go~ I just can't believe how big he is compared to my previous beardie Charmaine. She was a year and half and only 13 inches, meanwhile Jupiter is 1 year and clearly larger. And still growing. I'm also planning to renovate his tank and finally get rid of that god awful snowflake wallpaper. It started off as joke but now I hate it xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom