Sand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i was told when i 1st got my beardie i was told by the pet store owner that i could put him on sand that day because he was big enough. but he was a young baby and i didnt want him to get an impacted stomach, but i really wanna fix up his cage and start making him a cool habitat. i was told play sand is the best which is what i go for free from the pet store when i got him. i just wanna know what u all think about sand and also other things i might be able to build or find around my house to make him happy :)

[edit] in the future if i do decide to put sand in his aquarium should I be feeding him in another tank? i mean if i put his crickets in the aquarium can they pick up the sand and him digest it? i just dont wanna hurt my beardie :D

thanks!

-Sean

frank79

Hatchling Member
Hi
I used to use sand then i found out about the risk so i put down tile and is the best thing i ever did.When he pooped on sand i would clean it up but i never realised that it seeped into the sand and after a few days his viv would smell also he was a bit of a licker which also made me worried.Now tile is cool it was very cheap and funny enough i got a sandy color so it looked nice once down and now when i clean up the poop his viv dont smell and there is no risk of impaction.

AndyAMP88

Hatchling Member
If you want to use sand, alot of people put either 1/2 or 3/4 of the cage with tile and then the rest with sand. This way it's only a small section of the enclosure so it looks really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom