Sand or Bark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UpstateNYPets

Hatchling Member
Having a drop in temps at night time is what would happen out in the wild. In captivity it helps them distinguish day from night. If your temps stay around 70F at night, no heating is needed and is much preferred this way. Out in the Austrailian desert it can get around 60F at night, which is why they are okay with temps that low. Just don't let it get below 60F, if it does, then get a Ceramic Heat Emitter. These do not give off light and raise the amibent air temps inside the tank. If you do get one, I wouldn't get a high wattage one. Probably just a 60w or so, just enough to keep the tank around 70F would be perfect. So in my opinion yes, that's way too hot at night. Not to mention those colored nocturnal lights are stil visible by the dragons and will interupt their sleeping.

As for color morph, I'd say luecistic, he's all white with little or no pattern right? That would be my guess although I'm not an expert in the color morphs. All I know is that I want yours! So beautiful.

nightgal

Original Poster
He is beautiful. Is it common for them to make noise too? Because he....barks? when he sees me. I love him! He plays well with all my animals too. The birds like to come over and try to steal his crickets.....

I just can't believe the pet store left him outside in the snow.....

UpstateNYPets

Hatchling Member
Yes, that was a horrible thing to do. If there was a way to get the pet store (or the previous owners anyway) to pay for what they did, I would jump at the chance!

As for making the barking noises, I have no idea what that would be. Are you sure it's not a breathing problem or him puffing up and breathing aggressively?

nightgal

Original Poster
His beard doesn't inflate....i don't know. and I don't touch him, he just runs towards the glass and barks. I don't know how else to put it. But I normally pick him up and have him laying on my chest when i'm on the computer and he likes to ride in my sweatshirt while i'm doing chores in the bird room. Ever so often he wiggles to be put down, and he goes and hunts a loose cricket (i keep my tank of crickets in the bird room)

But...i don't know...i'm trying to find a vet around here that will see him, but every one i call says that they only deal with "exotics" so i ask them, well what the heck is a bearded dragon to you?!

People in upstate new york are frustrating.

terwillegar21

nightgal":c949e said:
He is beautiful. Is it common for them to make noise too? Because he....barks? when he sees me. I love him! He plays well with all my animals too. The birds like to come over and try to steal his crickets.....

I just can't believe the pet store left him outside in the snow.....

Holy cow! I am new to the Bearded Dragon but not to lizards, or animals in general, but who leaves any living creature in the snow??? :angry5: I am so glad that you were able to take him/her and give it a nice caring home. I wish there were more people who cared this much. I think that pet stores should have to answer to a higher level of caring for animals than they currently do. Hope your experience with your BD are great. Happy Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom