Salad / veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my beardie is a year old and has always been great with eating insects, he gets a combo of locusts, dubia roaches, super worms occasionally and fruit beetle grubs occasionally. He went down to one feed a day about 3 months ago and I’m now starting to feed him every other day in the hope I can get him interested in salad. He’s not dropping weight and looks very healthy.

He occasionally picks at kale and spring greens but never in any decent amount. I’ve tried rocket, watercress, pak Choi, dandelions and all sorts of other greens as well as squash, carrot, peppers, peas and some fruit. He likes grapes and apple and strawberries but I know you shouldn’t feed them fruit too often so I keep that to a minimum.

Just asking for some inspiration really, and some photos of how you prep it as maybe I’m not cutting small enough or big enough. If it’s carrot or squash I grate it, greens are sliced but not small. Fruit is normally diced small ish. I lay it out on a small plastic tray and sometimes leave all the bits separate but mostly mix it all together.

He’s in a 4ft viv with 100W basking bulb, which ranges between 35 and 40 degrees depending on the room temperature. He doesn’t bask as much as he used to but always lays in range of the UV so wondering whether he’s getting too hot? He’s not dehydrated though, he gets a bath every few days and doesn’t drink like mad but I make sure I drip some into his mouth. He’s got a 22 inch 10% uv bulb and a 22 inch 2% bulb. I am planning to upgrade to a 5ft tank in the near future. He’s about 19 inches long but not sure of weight, when he was 17 inches he was 500g.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You didnt say what brand of UVB you have--- the bulbs seem weak! I am going thru the same thing w/ mine ---- he will not eat the vegies I put in every day either--- I give him turnip/ collard greens washed and sliced up squash cut into squares yellow or zucchini a little apple maybe grape this week its been black berries - I have tried red pepper grated carrots- bee pollen cilantro raspberries blue berries--argula-- just about everything you can think of to get him to eat the vegies --once in a while he will be at his bowl and eat maybe one or two bites and hes done- he loves dubias and will gobble those up and his worms like wax butter and horn-- but I limit those- my UVB is a 24" Arcadia 14% bulb-- so it seems there are a number of people here w/ their beardies not eating their vegies - I know hes not losing weight and looks really good - his color is vibrant orange so thats good --- so I dont know either how to get him to eat --- vegies --- I know they can go a loooooooooooooooooong tiime w/ out eating-- so trying to starve them doesnt do any good either-- I just offer him his vegies every day and give bugs every couple of days --- I know they say they wont starve themselves so...
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom