Salad recipes?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's me again so with my baby Charmander making salads isn't something I do everyday bc she rarely eats them, but paarth is at the age where he should love his salads. The plain stuff I feed him he doesn't love but he eats it. So I was wondering if any one had some good recipes they use on their beardies!

MaddyCB

My beardie Jenkins is a picky one with his salads. He doesn't eat just plain salads, he likes color. So I throw carrot shreds, snappeas, and usualy a little fruit like strawberry or banana (his favorite) to keep him coming back for more!

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
Ours must have something with alot of flavor and spice. The mix must have Arugula (rocket) or cilantro. He seems to love 'peppery' things.

angelpaws

Hatchling Member
My baby likes watercress.
Today I tried a salad of Mustard greens, diced carrots and diced green seedless grapes. She picked out all of the grape pieces! :lol:
Sadly, she didnt go for the carrot which surprised me, but I think its fun trying to find out which of the veggies she likes most. I also gave her some mealworms but she didnt go after those right away either. :shock:

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
Tasty Treat will eat pretty much anything you put in front of her. She loves anything red, If it has a red tint to it she'll go for it first. Radicchio is her favorite, she'll knock everything out of the way to get to it. but she doesn't get it everyday.
She also loves cilantro, she eats it right off the stalk.

I've found that a Spring Mix has a lot of her favorites mixed in, I just try to avoid any that has spinach in it.

Mr Dargon keeps snubbing his greens. I'm going to end up making a soupy mess of it and forcing him to eat. But he LOVED peas.

My lil' guy is really weird...what he seems to love one day he ignores the next. Maybe he's holding out for bugs, haha. Though he consistently loves raspberries. Adores them. As far as healthier things go....snap peas, bok choy, cilantro, arugula....he ate some shreds of carrot out of my hand yesterday. Let us know if Charmander picks any favorites!

kitten185

Hatchling Member
My little Spyro loves Collard greens and mint with grated carrots. As a treat I give him raspberries and strawberries. About once a month I give him a little bit of banana rolled in his pellets. Still trying to find other greens that he likes I am doing mustard greens this week but he doesn't seem interested in them. I figure by the time he gets to be a year old I will have his favorites down pat. It's fun getting to know what he likes and doesn't like.

As far as bugs go he mostly eats about 30-40 crickets a day. I get him some horn and butter worms when I have to go buy more crickets. He only gets about 2-3 on the day I run to the store. I try to stay away from meal worms he has a few freeze dried ones in his pellet mix but that's it.

Good luck finding out what Charmander loves.

angelpaws

Hatchling Member
kitten185":242ywqi0 said:
I try to stay away from meal worms he has a few freeze dried ones in his pellet mix but that's it.

I know this is about salads but can you tell me why you stay away from mealworms? I was too because they were supposedly too hard for my baby Zoey but so many people were feeding them I thought Id give it a try.

kitten185

Hatchling Member
That's the reason he only gets them in his salads and only a few. It's just a personal choice and my vet said they can cause an impaction if he eats a lot of them, so I just limit him to the freeze dried ones and I put them in his salad occasionally. (but then again I'm starting to trust my vet less and less the more I read these forums)

angelpaws

Hatchling Member
LOL - agreed. There are veryfew vets that are qualified to work with reptiles. Im a vet tech and Ive only worked with one in my 20 years experience!
I usually go over this site and use what makes sense and whats most often repeated. (besides buying a few books for reference) :oops:

I have added 2 mealworms to Zoey's salad every 3 days and 1 waxworm. I grow mint in my backyard so Im gonna try some of that today too. Does anyone know about other herbs? I grow oregano and thyme and tarragon too. Ive read rosemary is ok but that seems very tough. I thought Id try that when she got older.

kitten185

Hatchling Member
angelpaws":2zq243as said:
I grow mint in my backyard so Im gonna try some of that today too. Does anyone know about other herbs? I grow oregano and thyme and tarragon too.

I grow herbs in my garden as well. Mint, parsley, oregano, and thyme, as well as sugar snap peas. I would love to know if these herbs are ok to use. Spyro absolutely loves mint. I'm curious to see if I can use the other herbs I grow

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
angelpaws":1s9sktze said:
kitten185":1s9sktze said:
I try to stay away from meal worms he has a few freeze dried ones in his pellet mix but that's it.

I know this is about salads but can you tell me why you stay away from mealworms? I was too because they were supposedly too hard for my baby Zoey but so many people were feeding them I thought Id give it a try.
the hard shell can cause impaction if they eat too many when they are small.

Tasty Treat is big enough now that the mealworms are too small to bother her. they get tossed on her salad as "bacon bits" once in a while.
now that she is large enough she gets *one* smaller sized superworm a week.

angelpaws

Hatchling Member
Do you think what Im doing is good or bad then? I dont give them everyday and only the two. She is not a tiny baby but she's certainly not an adult. 8 inches maybe? I dont want to do anything that would hurt her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom