Saffire is brumating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBenker

Hatchling Member
Well, it's official - she had barely been eating throughout the month of November, but still managed to gain some weight. On December 1st, she was at 95g, up from 76 on November 1st. I've been trying to get her to eat, but she just has been refusing, only grabbing an occasional bite here and there (only greens - if they're dropped right next to her). She had a bath this past Sunday, then pooped on Monday and has been sleeping in her hide since Tuesday. I'm pretty worried since she's still pretty small and young - this is not what I expected. Everything is just like it should be - lights, temperatures. Hope this isn't going to last too long, I miss my favorite buddy!

Karin

KBenker

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My girl will be 7 month old on January 1st. I never expected her to brumate this young - but nothing I did to try and keep her awake has worked. Her set-up is just like it should be. She had her weekly bath on Sunday and gave me the stink eye the whole time - basked briefly then disappeared into her hide again.

brezofleur

My girl is 6-7 months and she's brumating as well. A lot of people say it can't be done but, there it is... Tested for parasites before and came back negative. Two weeks ago she slept for 24 hours every other day. Then she was up for about a week and now she's been sleeping for 4 days.

She must have a deep set of wild genes in her since it's most definitely NOT cold in my place and her basking area is at her favorite temp of 102... LOL

KBenker

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Glad I'm not the only one with a beardie that young and brumating. So far so good, Saffire had her bath and beginning of the month weigh-in. From December to January, she lost 1g. She was basking for about an hour after her bath, then disappeared into her bed again.

Karin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom