Safe? Vicks Vapors in same room as Bearded Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imchristaw

My son has a bearded dragon that is about 1 1/2 yrs old. My son is sick with a cold. Is it safe to use Vick's Vapo Rub Vapors in the same room as the bearded dragons tank? The tank is in my son's bedroom. I would love to be able to let the vapors run all night to help my son breathe, but I am not sure it is safe for Rex (his bearded dragon). Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think I would chance it. Can you move the tank to another room temporarily? Hope your son feels better soon.

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Hope your son is feeling better. This has nothing to do with his beardie, but Ive also heard you can put the Vicks on the bottom of a foot if it bothers him having it strong on his chest.

imchristaw

Original Poster
My son is still fighting the cold, but he isn't as tired anymore. He is 9, so he handles it well. Thank you so much for asking.

I never heard about the bottom of the foot, but that is interesting to know.

Happy Holidays!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hope your son is feeling better soon.

I have recently seen on tv about putting the vapor rub on the feet also. I think you are supposed to rub it on the bottom of the feet and then put on socks. Dont know why it works, havent tried it, but they talk like it works.

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Jiffy":3c9ab said:
Hope your son is feeling better soon.

I have recently seen on tv about putting the vapor rub on the feet also. I think you are supposed to rub it on the bottom of the feet and then put on socks. Dont know why it works, havent tried it, but they talk like it works.

When my boys are sick I rub slices of garlic on the bottoms of their feet along with oil of oregano then put socks on them. They smell like a yummy pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom