Runny Nose & Not Pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsmeraldasMother

Original Poster
Hi Ellen,

First off, I just want to say thank you for such an amazing, educating post!

I am revamping his tank, and thoroughly disinfecting it. For some reason, I didn’t even think about his tank needing to be changed out. :(

Yes, I’m still giving him probiotics, though he doesn’t seem to enjoy them at all. I just picked up a blueberry one as he was eating strawberry and trying to get him to lick it off his nose was... Challenging to say the least.

I still have Pedialyte on hand from his slurries stage and just finished giving him some. He definitely seemed to perk up some after the first dose of it, which is a nice sight to see. Giving it to him like you suggested was SO much easier!!!! I’m waiting to see how he does with it before giving him any more yogurt. After going so long without drinking much of anything, I’m kind of afraid to give too much too fast and then pile more on top of it.

I’ve also picked up cups of banana, strawberry, blueberry, mango and grapes to have him try. HOPEFULLY he will like something, since all he’s eaten today is 1 roach. I gave him a couple but he ate one and decided he was done and wanted absolutely nothing to do with them anymore.

Again, thank you SO much for all of the helpful information. I know that it takes a while to get a beardie healthy again, but I’m hoping that it’ll get better from here. Between everyone that’s super helpful on here and a vet who actually knows what they’re talking about, I’m more confident that he’ll be okay than I was a week ago.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I'm sorry, when I said you need to dust his feeders in calcium 5 times a week that's true, you do, but not multiple times a day, I should have specified that. Only one feeding a day needs to be dusted.

EsmeraldasMother

Original Poster
The Pedialyte seems to be boosting him up since he's become more active and visually responsive over the last couple of days. I've been giving probiotics and pedialyte in the afternoon and, while he still is iffy on eating a lot for dinner, his appetite around lunch has definitely perked up and has been increasing. He ate 17 dubias for lunch yesterday, which is the most he's eaten in several weeks!

He's still not SUPER active but he's been moving around his cage more, and he's barely hiding anymore.

All in all, he definitely seems like he's starting to feel better, though we're not out of the woods yet.

EsmeraldasMother

Original Poster
Unfortunately, Mycroft passed sometime yesterday evening. My partner and I went in to give him dinner and found him.

He’s earned his little dragon wings and I just hope he’s somewhere safe, flying free and rid of the pain.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help him.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry to read this....you tried your best to help the poor little guy. My heart goes out to you. :(

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, I'm so so sorry, the poor little guy. Giardia is so hard on them, it's very hard to tolerate that medication when you can't eat or drink enough...he definitely put up a fight, I thought he was going to be fine...I'm so sorry, I've been there and it's never easy. He's no longer sick though, so that's good.

EsmeraldasMother

Original Poster
Thanks Ellen and AHBD. I miss him terribly right now. :cry: :cry:

I do have to ask... Can bearded dragons get depressed? His brother, Sherlock, has a tank that was diagonal from Mycroft's. His tank is much larger than Mycroft's was (Sherlock's tank being a 4'x2'x2' tank versus a 40 gallon). Sherlock has been acting extremely strange since it happened, and just lays on top of his cave. If dragons could look depressed, I would say he does.

Is there anything I can do for him, beyond getting another reptile for that tank? I'm not ready to get another one to replace my Mycroft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom