Running into walls and glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my adult male beadie often runs into the walls of his cage, sometimes glass dancing or just bonking into it and moving away. I have tried to put something in front of the glass so he can see it but that's not the problem. Also when I take him out he runs into any white walls.
Few questions:
1) What colors can beardies see anyway? Are they partially colorblind?
2) Is this normal for an adult beardie? As a baby he would always glass dance but now its just starting again.
3) Would there be any signs if he bonked too hard and hurt himself? He runs pretty hard into the closet door but there are no signs that anything was hurt.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
LeapinBeardie":3f6f2mo7 said:
Yeah, my adult male beadie often runs into the walls of his cage, sometimes glass dancing or just bonking into it and moving away. I have tried to put something in front of the glass so he can see it but that's not the problem. Also when I take him out he runs into any white walls.
Few questions:
1) What colors can beardies see anyway? Are they partially colorblind? Lizards are actually able to see a very wide array of colors including red. Some lizards can see into the ultraviolet spectrum. As for dragon, they can see most all colors, including red.
2) Is this normal for an adult beardie? As a baby he would always glass dance but now its just starting again.Ensure your temperatures are proper. Ensure the dragon is not a female. But, yet my older dragon still glass dance.
3) Would there be any signs if he bonked too hard and hurt himself? He runs pretty hard into the closet door but there are no signs that anything was hurt.You can see visually swelling, red/soreness and blood. However the hardened plate on the dragons chin right at the point it is on, makes their chin very solid. Triangles are one of the most stable structures (principles of technology).

LeapinBeardie

Original Poster
The tempatures are 95-100 on the hotter end, 85 on the cooler. Both tempatures are nit accurate due to bad thermometers, but I am getting a digital one this weekend.

When looking at his belly, there are the 2 bumps on the sides rather than 1 right over the vent. I heard this meant he was male.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
LeapinBeardie":372m37lz said:
The tempatures are 95-100 on the hotter end, 85 on the cooler. Both tempatures are nit accurate due to bad thermometers, but I am getting a digital one this weekend.

When looking at his belly, there are the 2 bumps on the sides rather than 1 right over the vent. I heard this meant he was male.

Should mean male, the bumps are not on the belly but, the tail base rather.
Ref: http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom