run free

Status
Not open for further replies.

amberw87

My beardie is still a baby about 6 inchs and as of now im scared to let her sit on the bed with me so im always holding her when i take her out. when can i let her lay around with me or how can i trian her to with out her freaking out and running off the bed.

LJean

Extreme Poster
Very difficult to do with babies. They are fast and skittish. The best thing to do when they are that young is to sit in the bathtub with them. They can get used to being held that way and can't run off and hide somewhere.
I didn't let mine run around when they were babies other than in the tub or on the bathroom floor with the door closed.

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
mine is very calm for a baby when hes out of his tank. other then the normal wondering around. but i keep an eye on him an he doesnt run or anything when i pick him up to hold him or anything.

jakeh2009

Hatchling Member
my lil dino is very calm everywhere i have him in the house other than on our couch, for some reason he thinks he can climb the walls in our apartment, kind of look like popcorned ceiling, very textured, he trys to just and cling but never works.. i would just get her comfy with wherever you place her, keep your hands close and reposition her if she gets to close to the edge, she will probably want to explore but if you keep moving her back to the center she may learn the boundries

Alix1378

Hatchling Member
lol MY dino tries to climb walls too. he tries to the doors too an glass dances on my 1.5 gallon betta tank. my betta just stares at him its really funny

amberw87

Original Poster
my baby use to be calm but now she just wants to run everywhere she is fast and i think i might try the bath tub thing

Doddins

Hatchling Member
Stimpy starts off fine lol then runs off trying to climb the walls to. he eventually tires himself out and gives up and comes back for cuddles to warm up lol

When Stimpy and Liz were babies i used to use the bath method, it got them used to being out the tank, in my company and eventually i moved to letting them out.

be patient and it will pay off :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom