Ruby Waxworm - out of ideas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liliwen

Original Poster
Hello again...

Ruby is still very quiet although quite alert when I take her out, but not at all interested in food of any kind. I have been sitting in the sun with her today, getting little bits of pureed orange veggies in, squash, carrot etc but not a great deal, she seems to enjoy the sun though. Here she is laying on me after a bath yesterday...

Love to all xxx

Liliwen

Original Poster
Well, Ruby has been syringe fed for some time now. She has not picked up at all and is now losing weight and still refusing to eat live food or fresh greens, peppers, apple, carrot....

Tried giving her a lay box... Not interested after 2 weeks.

Baby food goes in and comes out much the same way from the other end or even sometimes via vomiting.

She cannot be getting any nutrients from this at all.

Giving her liquid calcium supplements and vitamin enriched baths.

Bloods showed she has MBD, early stages and is sexually mature, growing egg follicles but she shows no sign of needing to deal with that.

Really stuck.. Starting to wonder seriously if she can make it, I am just keeping her alive, barely.

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :headbang: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Liliwen

Original Poster
Ruby is dying. I have spent days, weeks, hours bathing, syringe feeding, encouraging, out in the sun, but she is fading away, despite my best efforts and love.

Feel so helpless, so broken hearted to see her hanging on for me. She is trying so hard but is now so tired, so weak.

I love her with all my heart but cannot do any more. I will have to have her put down on Saturday, suffering must end but we are all so heartbroken. So sorry Ruby WaxWorm.

Liliwen

Original Poster
Thank you Destiny for your sweet response.. Ruby passed away today. No idea why or what was really wrong. Heartbroken, she will always be in our hearts, a very special and beautiful little dragon.

Loved her so much, cannot stop crying.. Poor baby.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I am so sorry for your loss. Even though she was sick, Ruby was incredibly fortunate to have been so well loved. You did everything you could to help her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom