Ruby cuddled!

It was a little, OK a lot by force. He wouldn't lay his head down...forget it...he was basically standing up now that I think about it. But his beard turned orange....we are getting there. :love:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I forgot to mention that he's in she'd so he probably thought that I'd help with the big piece behind his neck but ummmm, nature is doing its part.

I didn't see it until afterwards but he didn't hiss at me.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Well, act(and why am I talking to myself? ) he hissed when I gave him a dubia after he told me he was full. I just want this set of duties gone. I've been unintentionally breeding them and now they are getting the size of those hissing roaches. Ruby doesn't need help hissing. Rocky never hissed.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
But you see, I say unintentionally because they slowly ate in the winter and I had these roaches to the point they had no choice but to breed. They have good food and the best conditions. I keep them in a bin in the basement because it's so many the noise of them walking over the egg crate...i think it's an army coming to get me.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'd never heard a beardie hiss until I got Zsa Zsa. She hisses at me when I put her to bed. But boy she sure comes running when I've got food. I think your Ruby has been giving her pointers lmao.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I'd never heard a beardie hiss until I got Zsa Zsa. She hisses at me when I put her to bed. But boy she sure comes running when I've got food. I think your Ruby has been giving her pointers lmao.
I've never heard any hissing either. Perhaps this depends on some special gene. :unsure:

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
But you see, I say unintentionally because they slowly ate in the winter and I had these roaches to the point they had no choice but to breed. They have good food and the best conditions. I keep them in a bin in the basement because it's so many the noise of them walking over the egg crate...i think it's an army coming to get me.
Have you had any problems feeding this army yet? I have a similar story, all this made me end up collecting a bunch of dandelions (about 500 grams) every day to feed them.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Have you had any problems feeding this army yet? I have a similar story, all this made me end up collecting a bunch of dandelions (about 500 grams) every day to feed them.
I give them water, greens left over from Rocky and Ruby. I give them cricket thirst something..,,those orange cubes. I think after I gave them asparagus... I mean it's crazy. I guess this is why they will turn the size of cats. Too much work.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I give them water, greens left over from Rocky and Ruby. I give them cricket thirst something..,,those orange cubes. I think after I gave them asparagus... I mean it's crazy. I guess this is why they will turn the size of cats. Too much work.
Oh I'm scared of them!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I've never heard any hissing either. Perhaps this depends on some special gene. :unsure:
Na just some spice lmao.
Puff hissed at Christina once
( she was trying to sing to her after she was asleep and it startled her awake) but I wasn't close enough to hear it.

Last edited:

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Taco hissed (and flashed - flat body turned sideways, beard out) at my husband once while he was putting a large new item into the enclosure.
After that, Taco was fine again.
Otherwise never, Taco is super calm, relaxed.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
This just reminded me of that video of the beardie on the bed that freaks out towards his owner. He was soooooooooo angry. I was so afraid of that beardie--- while Ruby isnt that bad, it's funny how my experience feels different.
Ruby doesn't puff out or pancake but that one time Rocky did (no hissing)- I will never forget it.
The only time Ruby puffs out is when he fills his belly to eat.
Ruby is such a man- man- he stands tall - walks strong and all.
Rocky on the other hand is my cuddle buddy who has taken advantage of me so much, I am surprised that he walks on his own.
The only time he climbs is to sleep on my headboard.
I freaked out as I didn't know he could climb. He doesn't even lift his body when he walks...he knows I am not too far away.
I made a video in which you see this as he's trying to tell me what to do. I will try to upload it.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
This just reminded me of that video of the beardie on the bed that freaks out towards his owner. He was soooooooooo angry. I was so afraid of that beardie--- while Ruby isnt that bad, it's funny how my experience feels different.
Ruby doesn't puff out or pancake but that one time Rocky did (no hissing)- I will never forget it.
The only time Ruby puffs out is when he fills his belly to eat.
Ruby is such a man- man- he stands tall - walks strong and all.
Rocky on the other hand is my cuddle buddy who has taken advantage of me so much, I am surprised that he walks on his own.
The only time he climbs is to sleep on my headboard.
I freaked out as I didn't know he could climb. He doesn't even lift his body when he walks...he knows I am not too far away.
I made a video in which you see this as he's trying to tell me what to do. I will try to upload it.
Sounds like Rocky is the brains and Ruby is the brawn 😉
You better hope they don't team up 😁

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom