Ruby and Spike in bathtub

Status
Not open for further replies.

zabeardie

Hatchling Member
Hello,
My brother and I usually bathe our beardies in the bathtub every month or so, and is it normal for them to poop every time they like "touch" water? We like to use this method to make them poop so they can freeroam in the house. Is pooping when in contact with water something they should be doing? This has happened several times.
Thanks,

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Most bearded dragons poop in the bath, actually :)
They naturally absorb water through their vent, so a lot of times it can act a bit like an enema and make them poop. (Sorry, kinda gross lol. But the absorbed water also helps with hydration which is good!) So it's perfectly normal, no worries! :)

And actually you can even increase their bathtimes to a couple or few times a week instead of just once a month; it will help them stay hydrated.

zabeardie

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
mudskipper":g7v93nkh said:
I have been bathing my baby everyday. She poops every time. Sometimes within seconds. I just rinse her with running tap water.

Your beardie must be really trained or something...
Yesterday I bathed them and neither of them pooped.
Is that something strange?
:|

Thanks,

mudskipper

Juvie Member
zabeardie":nn5l8ar8 said:
mudskipper":nn5l8ar8 said:
I have been bathing my baby everyday. She poops every time. Sometimes within seconds. I just rinse her with running tap water.

Your beardie must be really trained or something...
Yesterday I bathed them and neither of them pooped.
Is that something strange?
:|

Thanks,

Maybe it's temperature? I have only had her for less than a week. I put her in a bath of 105F, measured with a temp gun.

There are members here whose beardies will only poop in water. That's what I'm training her to do so she doesn't make a mess in her cage. So far she has pooped in her bath, a couple of times in her salad bowl, and once in the dubia bowl. She has yet to poop on the floor or her basking rock. Maybe she'll only poop in some sort of containers. LOL

Rikko145

M y beardie isn't a picky pooper. :lol: He generally goes in one quadrant of his tank. He doesn't seem to go into his water dish very often. I will give him a bath today and observe and post my findings.

*EDIT*

My beardie does not care for the bath at all. Tried his darndest to get out every couple minutes and never went, so I don't think I'll be bathing him as often as some. He tends to leave little piles in a quadrant of his tank like a scaly dog. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom