Ruben Miso & Billy! RIP Ruben

Status
Not open for further replies.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Ethelia":5729d said:
So what? Is this their secret way of showing mummy that they love her? Or are they just trying to sneak some extra zzZZZ's?

I totally understand! Zinger constantly gives me the "sleepy" treatement :roll:

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
..That's too funny. :lol: Sakura does that with James. Maybe it is because they want to see you, and don't bother getting up because they know you're not home. :wink: (no offense to your partner..I'm sure he's a great guy.)

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hi guys

Ruben:

My boyfriend is in trouble.
As you know Ruben has gone back to his NO NO NO I WANT TO GO TO SLEEP AT 4PM tricks so I have got back into the routine of when 5pm hits i block up his hide before he starts getting any ideas. Usually from 4pm onwards I will turn round and one second he's basking, the next he's chuckling inside his hide.
Little git.
Anyway his hide was all blocked off and he was trying his usual to get in anyway. I tell him he's not allowed and has to be a good boy and bask. When he learns to control himself he can have the hide unblocked. I give him a goodnight kiss and go off to have a bath (6.30pm as im under the weather).
As Im drying my hair I hear Mark talking, i wonder whats going on (because he doesnt usually talk to the babies when Im in the flat), I come in and Mark is on the floor, one ricesock on his lap and his other hand reaching in to take the other one out of his hide. He froze like a child when I came in.
BUSTED.
"Mark what are you doing???"
"But... but... Ruben looked sad."
"He's just sulking because he cant get his own way. Put. Them. Back. In."
"You see this? This is why he likes me more. Im his bro. I understand Big Popa Ruben"
:shock:
I assure you that this conversation ended very badly for my dear sweet boyfriend.

Besides the male rebellion we have had a good day today!
Rube nomed up all his salad, had a few worms, was a good boy in the bath, has been much more active, climbing up to bask and lounging against his towel pillows and has had his happy colours all day ^_^
He even tollerated his "altitude training" as I call it.
Because he is so irrationally scared of heights I have been trying to help him adjust by setting my spare office chair on low, popping a hot waterbottle onit and covering it in his bath towel so he can stay there for about an hour after bathing.
He is usually only content for 10 minutes before he starts to go dark and glare at me.
Today he was a star!

No stressmarks yet
"fine im up, but you cant make me look at the ground!"
DSC00019.jpg

30 minutes in, still being a big brave boy.
DSC00020.jpg

40 minutes in.
O...K time to let Ruben get down!!!
DSC00023.jpg

Miso

I bought some pellet food to add to her salad to help boost her protien levels when shes on a no-worm day thinking she'd nom them right up with her salad.
Well apparently we are inimpressed.
First day, soaked in fruit and water. Entire salad was left untouched.
Today, partially soaked in water and hidden under salad. Salad eaten until balls of death were discovered. Salad then used as decoration around the viv.
Damnit.

Tomorrow Im going to try crumbling up the pellets into a fine-ish dust to mix in with her salad. Hopefully that will be harder for her to spot.
Its never easy is it?

I caught a shot of Miso in her usual confident pose when I open the viv door. She looked like a little gangster today I couldnt help laugh.
"Wussup homie?"
wussup.jpg

Bit of an essay today wasnt it?
Love to you and yours!
Holly

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
..And yet again another post I am very glad I chose NOT to sip my coffee until AFTER I read it..LOL.
You will start to realize that sometime the men in your life start behaving like your children, for some of us..it's never stopped...LOL..
I'm sorry you're not feeling well..I hope you feel better soon.
"Altitude Training".. "S'up homies"..OMG! :laughhard: :laughhard:

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
haha... I think you need to start putting "Put drink down" warnings at the beginning of your posts!

I think you have got some great animals there.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh boy Holly!! Sounds like you have had one heck of a time! All that male bonding lol Look at the big brave Ruben. Oh and Miso what a darling!!! I laughed so hard when i see that picture shes a cutiepie!!! I hope you start feeling better *hugs*

I made Lexia a ricerock she loves it! When it was time for lights out it was really warm.
Humm I wonder if my hubby will keep to the dragons time frame while im gone to the Zoo with my youngest. Im sure ill come home to stinky stuff in all 4 vivs :puke:

My hubby is my 4th child :shock:

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
I think miso is a gangster underneath all those cute scales!
or should i say gangsta!

Hi little homie! :wave:

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Holly, I need your help. Zinger isn't even 9 mos and hes giving my the sleepy treatement. I come in every few minutes and make him bask. he makes EVERYTHING his sleeping area. GRRR. Little fidget. Makes me angry sometimes, but he's my baby brat! =-)

dragonphoenix36

Juvie Member
..I know, Haley..it's so frustrating. Sakura does the same thing. We had to take out her hide and her platform to get her to bask..otherwise she'd be in bed all day long. Ruben does the same thing on Holly..so she has to block his hide off. Do you think they're just bored? I know I sometimes take a nap when I'm bored. LOL

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I doubt it Tats.
Rube is only just 7 months and never sleeps during the day. He has just started this silly game up again where he hides and sticks his face out at me. He always has his eyes wide open.
He's jsut being a git really :p

MissT

BD.org Addict
We are all on constant sleepy patrol here - Kazi still hasnt realised its Spring!!! lol!!! And hes getting better at faking hes awake!!! Today he even fell asleep in the bath....if I hadnt been watching him, that could have been quite the disaster!!

Ethelia":d1395 said:
Rube is only just 7 months and never sleeps during the day.
Just a question - how long is/would Ruben be now? Personally, I think brumation can be attributed to length and weight rather than age of beardie in some circumstances and he could be having a little semi-brumation phase where he just likes to chill out all the time!!!

Or, probably more likely, he is just being a brat lol!

Have to say that Miso pic is priceless!! Such the 'gangsta'! lol!

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Tatty":98723 said:
I'm just curious, could they be wanting to brumate? Tatty :?

MissT":98723 said:
Just a question - how long is/would Ruben be now? Personally, I think brumation can be attributed to length and weight rather than age of beardie in some circumstances and he could be having a little semi-brumation phase where he just likes to chill out all the time!!!

I thought Zinger was trying to brumate for a while, but I wondered if it was parasites. He doesn't show any other signs of parasites though.

That's a good theory you have. That wouldn't explain Zinger though, he's only the size of a small adult. I''m not sure how long he is now, but he was 17 inches two weeks ago. That was funny you asked though, I was just about to ask how long Rube is now. :lol:

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hey guys.

MissT:
Rube is 15 inches tip to tail, so Id guess he would be 17 or 18 inches long with his missing tail.
After removing his hide during the day (which is solid stone, so NOT fun) he hasnt even been attempting to nap. How odd is that?

Ruben

Well today Rube proved once again that I have NO idea what that boy is thinking.
Well first thing in the morning he pooped in his viv and schmered it EVERYWHERE. Rube holds it every day until his bath at 1pm. This was 10am!
Thanks darling.
Of corse it happens to be right after Ive changed his towel for the clean one, so the washing machine is on with his dirty one in.
I swear he knew!
So I pop in a bright white blanket, and take out his hide and his huge climbing brick. So his viv is just white, a little hand towel, and 4 rice socks.
Within 5 minutes he is exstatic! Bright orange, running around, clawing at me for me to pick him up!
Not only did we have 45 whole minutes of snuggling but he has been running around like a kid a christmas.
He really seems to like where the blanket meets the towel.

Mind boggling really.

So what do you think guys?
Do I have a dragon who likes change? Should I keep his viv simple and open?

Oh and here is the proof in case you dont believe Ruben can be snuggley :lol:

happysnug.jpg

ahmagawd!
happysnug2.jpg

Miso
Miso is being a good girl again.
She's back to eating 3 butters a day and ive managed to convince her that the crumbled pellets on her salad are croutons a la mode.

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eragon21
Top Bottom