Roof of mouth damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnhall1

my beardie hasnt been eating for something like 2 months now, i know hes not slowing for brumation cause hes active pretty much all day, however he has this thing on the roof of his mouth and was wondering if that could be contributing to him not eating, id also like to know if it is damaged how can i fix it
https://imgur.com/a/r1uoRWT
Any help appreciated, many thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What has he been eating? Has he been chewing on anything in the tank? If almost looks like a burn of some sort but I am no vet --- some others on here would be able to help better than I but the questions asked might give some insight ---
Karrie

Finnhall1

Original Poster
KarrieRee":15tq7x3n said:
What has he been eating? Has he been chewing on anything in the tank? If almost looks like a burn of some sort but I am no vet --- some others on here would be able to help better than I but the questions asked might give some insight ---
Karrie
Not been eating much, few wax worms, superworm or two? Ive offered crickets supers mealworms greens fruits, if the syringe tactic doesnt work im going to try an appetite stimulant and then finally if that doesnt work ill take him to the vet

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Please tell us about the lighting -- AHBD commented and she said it looked normal I have never seen the upper inside of their mouths so it may just be just that -- lets go over husbandry first and see if this could be causing the issue --- AHBD is more experienced than I so if we can eliminate tank issues before resorting anything worse lets do that - post pics of tank and lighting and we can go from there -
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on pic and it should post
Karrie

Finnhall1

Original Poster
KarrieRee":18aju0kr said:
Please tell us about the lighting -- AHBD commented and she said it looked normal I have never seen the upper inside of their mouths so it may just be just that -- lets go over husbandry first and see if this could be causing the issue --- AHBD is more experienced than I so if we can eliminate tank issues before resorting anything worse lets do that - post pics of tank and lighting and we can go from there -
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on pic and it should post
Karrie
102536-9547503832.jpg
102536-2462931886.jpg
102536-9200663603.jpg
102536-3877991717.jpg
Is that okay? I have some on imgur as well if that works too?, i keep him with an 100 watt bulb with good hot and cool side temps (110 hot ~80 cold), a 10% exoterra uvb thats 2-3 months old freddies around a year old, he was born on halloween!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I am wondering if the UVB should be increased w/ the wattage - it seems low --- and how far is it from his basking spot - I cant see the tube itself - I am thinking hes not getting enough UVB and this is causing the issue --- if you replace the bulb I would get a Reptisun 10.0 either the T 5 or a T 8 --- and that bulb is going to depend on distance and where the fixture is --- if its inside the tank or on top of screen ---
Karrie

Finnhall1

Original Poster
KarrieRee":srrr6b48 said:
Ok I am wondering if the UVB should be increased w/ the wattage - it seems low --- and how far is it from his basking spot - I cant see the tube itself - I am thinking hes not getting enough UVB and this is causing the issue --- if you replace the bulb I would get a Reptisun 10.0 either the T 5 or a T 8 --- and that bulb is going to depend on distance and where the fixture is --- if its inside the tank or on top of screen ---
Karrie
Its like screwed into tge top, 2 feet up as its a 2x2x5

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So its 24" tall correct? I would get the T 5 and have it 12-15 inches from basking spot- so if you can put your decor so hes under it around 12-15 " or so that would be good --- the Reptisun 10.0 is one of the better bulbs on the market --- and you wont need to change it out till next year --- just remember to mark the date of when you change it -- some others on here can weigh in on the issue as well --- but I am thinking its that UVB thats causing lack of appetite ---
Karrie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The roof of the mouth looks just a bit red but not too much out of the ordinary. What foods does
your beardie consume on a regular basis?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom