Rocky BITES me the first time ever! {video link}

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have to make some suggestions. I don't think teasing him is a good idea and it's obvious that he doesn't like it. He acts like he doesn't even trust you picking him up probably because of you teasing him so much. The reason he bit you is because he was expecting you to have a dubia in your hand since he had seen you holding them outside of his tank.

I would also recommend that you use a larger feed bin as he is too cramped in the one you're using now & he almost grabbed his tail a couple of times trying to catch the feeders. He needs more room to be able to move around in it so that the feeders are further away from him.

His skin looks very dry, how often do you bathe him and offer him drinks of water?

kbkels

Aaah as cute as that was I can't tell if he was "heeeeey stop it" or if it was more like "srsly pls stahp"
I don't think teasing them is a good idea even though it can be playful. Maybe a more rewarding type of teasing would be OK, like instead of holding his food outside the tank, just hold it a bit above his head so he at least as a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom