Juvie Member
Hi

We live is SA and you absolutely can not find
COllard
Mustard greens
Endive
etc.... here

I did get hold of Wild rocket and Swiss chard

Can i give it as daily greens, in Summer will feed dandelion greens, but its beginning of winter now and theyre all gone.

I also add snap peas, patty pans, baby marrow, okra to the green mix for the salad

Is this OK

gogga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanx,

Yes Pogie seems to enjoy the rocket/swiss chard mix i make. Am going to try cactus pad this week, will see how that goes.
Although he doesnt eat the whole bowl he will take one or two mouthfulls daily plus a zillion crickets :D

On a positive note...

Hes grown 2 cm in a week....... :blob8:

gogga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Pogie the day after i got him..... a sad looking fella

Pogie last week..... shedding, a sad looking photo, but his condition looks MUCH better

Pogie this week, playing peek a boo

gogga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
More PICS :wink:

Pogie, yesterday with his new branch......

CAnt beleive it, hes getting fatter eventually YEAH :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Seig

Hatchling Member
Beautiful!
Just a tip, if you can get fresh green beens, trim the ends, rinse and cut to bite size chunks, they love them and its a good source of B-1

gogga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanx

Will get some today at the market, Green beans are one of the few things on the list that is freely available here.
Can i offer it as staple???

gogga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi all,

Firstly
Re: Rocket & Swiss Chard

Post by Seig » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:42 pm
Beautiful!
Just a tip, if you can get fresh green beens, trim the ends, rinse and cut to bite size chunks, they love them and its a good source of B-1

The green beans here at the moment look PATHETIC to say the least... limpy brown beans :puke:
Will see when they look better before i feed them to Pogie.

Secondly

Pogie is eating much more of his rocket/swiss chard / snap pea mix daily now together with his crickets, BUT :shock:
His poop is a little looser than before (Not runny but not solid), i had him at the vet 10 days ago and they treated him for parasites, bacteria and worms.... could the swiss chard be making it loose? It also has a greenish colour (Dark green) but NO undigested parts and the white part looks fine. i also read that well hydrated dragons will have some liquid part to their poo and not to worry about that

Well guess hes well hydtaed with bathing 2x week and daily misting.

What do you think??? about the theory of swiss chard making it loose

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
well if he wasnt eating veggie before then yes, the high water content of greens will do then, as long as its not really runny or smelly he should be fine. Have you finished the treatment for worms/parasites yet?? When its all finished it customary to get another fecal done just to check

gogga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Will check if it gets better with him getting used to salads

Will take to the vet again next mnt if neede, since it sosts me R600-00 per visit.

Nothing wrong with his appetite though, eats between 20 and 30 crics per day over 2 feedings and salads

Gaining weight, has grown 1.9 inches in a week and a half and has shed twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom