Rock problem, and very worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishima

Today I took my bearded dragon outside, for a sunbath and he accidentally eat very small round rock. I was supervising him and suddenly he ran to the rock and swallowed down. He is almost 3 month old and is 9 1/2" long. What kind a do to be sure nothings happens??? any suggestion...

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Just be sure to keep an eye on the poop. If the rock was tiny, then he should pass it with no problem. HOwever if you don't see any poo for three days or so, try giving your beardie some unsweetened applesauce with some olive oil in it (not too much). Or you can try unsweetened canned pumpkin. You also may want to bathe himtwice a day. They take water in through their vents and that may help.

When I have a poop problem with one of my dragons, I feed them one of these things WHILE they are in the bath. Almost always works. Like a double whammy.

If still no poop, then I recommend taking him to the vet, just in case the rock was not as small as you thought.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom