rock glue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

XCrunner

Hatchling Member
5 month old Dino just had a part of his tail amputated and i feel so bad for the little guy so i decided he needed a present. what kind of present? A new jungle gym! So i went out to southeastern salvage and bought 14 pounds of flat flagstone rocks varying in lengths and widths. i plan on making Dino a nice new rock area to bask and play on. now that i have all the rocks i was wondering.....
How do I connect them :?: Is there some sort of special glue or mix of things you guys use? just regular hot glue or what? any ideas???

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
if you're using natural stones and want them secure, the best thing to do will be to clean the rocks up real good, then go buy a tube of pure silicone GE Silicone II does the trick and isn't too expensive. Apply it liberally, as you would glue, and let it cure for a few days before introducing it to your beardies... oh and take pics :)

XCrunner

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
okay sounds good. how long does it take for that to dry? it's okay for Dino to right? is that probably the best option?

Construction adhesive is another option. Little dabs where the rocks meet is all you need. Think it is like less then $8 a tube at the depot. Not sure if it is edible but it dries hard as stone so no ones getting any off anyway. Is the same stuff they put retaining wall stones together with.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
newreef's option will work. Heck, there are a TON of different ways that should work just fine. Silicone is the one I would recommend only because if some does get loose (which I seriously doubt) a beardie can eat it and it'll just pass right through, completely inert, and it won't pass any fumes off in the heat once it cures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom