Roast my cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaylios

Hello! I'm Shay.
I'm going to be a future beardie mommy, but before I bring one into my home, I want to make sure that the enclosure I want to set up is correct.

I'd like to get this enclosure: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reptile-Ca...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

The cage is 48" x 24" x 24" and comes with a ceramic incandescent light fixture and a 24" t8 fluorescent fixture.

For the UVB light, I want to get this: https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-ReptiSun-Fluorescent-24-Inch/dp/B0009YHSWK

This will fit into the enclosure, and from what I've seen, its one of the top rated bulbs.

For a basking light (in the incandescent fixture) I'd like to get one of these bulbs:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-GE-40-W-29W-HAL-A19-Clear-2CT/1000443109

Both lights would be hooked to a timer.

For substrate, I'd like to use ceramic tiles / non stick linoleum - preferably the kind that isn't silky smooth but rather textured.

I'm concerned about night time temperatures as it can get very cold in my house. Would an UTH be suitable for night time only? I'd love to get a ceramic heat emitter, but I'd want it to be installed on the inside with the other bulbs. If anyone has any suggestions for night time heat / CHE fixtures for inside the cage, please let me know.

For the enclosure, I may add some more ventilation because I don't want the humidity to build up.

What do you all think? Give me your best roasting! Suggestions and tips would be much appreciated!
oh, and don't worry. I'm not going to adopt until I know I have everything perfect!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
1) good cage size.

2) the UVB light, while a reputable brand and quality one is not top of the line anymore - it’s actually the bottom these days. Get a T5HO fixture to replace the T8 and T5HO bulb. Depending on where you have your basking spot a reflector will usually be needed for best UVB. The reflector will also reduce glare for you looking in.

3) basking light. I like those for this size cage. You will want a done for it probably, simply because it’s annoying to look at woth the naked bulb.

4) night heat. I love radiant heat panels (reptilebasics has good ones). They are gentler than a CHE, don’t get hot to the touch and are only about 1.5” thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom