roach feeding question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
scalesandtales":49e45 said:
1 week... hmm. I should be prepared for some Gina grumpiness. She is going to do her little I'm angry don't talk to me/ beard me dance lol. She is so spoiled. I thought that a;; beardies loved dubias. The other rescues can't get enough of them. The newest one skittles is 1 yr old and only weighs 48 grams. I usually have to force feed him, but today he ate 6 dubia.

I'm just going to throw this out there and I'm not trying to insult your intelligence in any way so please don't take offense. But you are giving the adult rescues plenty of collared greens, fruits and other types of vegetables as their main source of food right? Beardies are only partially insectivorous. Just throwing that out there. I find it very surprising when dealing w/ my customers how many of them think that beardies are totally insectivorous when in all reality Beardies fall pretty heavy into the omnivorous almost vegetarian side of the lizard family. It's always been difficult for me to grasp this about Beardies as they pretty much will eat anything you put in front of them, and their so much fun to watch chase around live food.

HOWEVER... And I'll note this since it goes w/ this topic. Feeding pinkies to Adult Beardies is totally uncalled for and should be avoided period . I don't care what arguement someone has for me. It's not part of their diet and any kind of minerals or vitamins they get from a pinky can be offered other ways.

Good luck w/ the rescues! Post some pix up when you get a chance.

-Ian

scalesandtales

Juvie Member
Yes I know, a great feeding website is beautifuldragons. Gina came to me months ago and was only fed romaine lettuce without any protein or vitamins. I have photos up on my rescue thread. Here is a link http://s659.photobucket.com/albums/uu315/JessieRescue/ There is also a paragraph about on at the bottom of theroachguy.com website . Pinkies should NEVER be fed to a beardie. There bodies are not ment to digest bone. I have heard of some feeding them to gravid females, but I don't condone it.

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
Wow! You've got quite the resume' there. It's good to see that there are still people like you standing up and caring for animals in need. I'm sure that they all appreciate it as well.
Good job!
-Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom