Roach colonies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

road8514

Lets see some pictures of different peoples setups of their roach colonies. can we aslo hear some of the problems you have had with your roachs and how you fixed them?
I will get some pics of mine in a bit. But as for problems I had trouble with keeping my food in dishes with the discorids and dubias b/c they can climb up the side of the container. I since have thuse put some egg crate reaching over it to make sure they could get to it. I still am not completely satified and definetly need to do a major cleaning of the cages! but will have pics of them when I do that tomarrow!
Lets see them guys!

1happymommy

Juvie Member
Here is mine. I have a lot more but they are hiding and I have two colonies. I really have no problems & they have never climb the sides. be careful when cleaning because the babies are the size of rice. Hate to throw them them out. Plus the babies eat the stuff on the bottom. There is a word for what it's called just can't think of it.
DSC05119.jpg

Here's the top . Next time I will mount everything on the underside. Not sure why we did it this way but it works.
DSC05124.jpg

Ihaggerty1313

Juvie Member
The word you are looking for is "frass". And if I could ever learn how to use my camera... I'd get some pix up for you guys.
-Ian

BestRoach

Hatchling Member
I see your "panning" for dubias in that pic!!

Nice colony! I'll post a pic of one of my discoid colonies soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heidib715
Top Bottom