Roach Bin Pics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpinjack

Original Poster
Wow. This ended up being a hit. I love looking at pics and videos of everyones setups. I'm almost more interested in roaches than I am my beardie :)

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
jumpinjack":6ggxj3a0 said:
Wow. This ended up being a hit. I love looking at pics and videos of everyones setups. I'm almost more interested in roaches than I am my beardie :)

For shame! Lol. Roaches are pretty cool, though. Sometimes I like to sit and watch them scurry around and eat and whatever else they do...

jumpinjack

Original Poster
Here are some not so good pics of my setup. I had to use my cell phone because my camera is still not working. I only took pics of the inside of my largest bin out of the 3 I have.

IMG00879.jpg

IMG00882.jpg

IMG00881.jpg

StlGreaser

Hatchling Member
Here are some pics of my main breeder colony. There are over 320 female and 60 male adults.
P1010396.jpg

Food and water crystal bowls.
P1010397.jpg

Some of the egg flats.
P1010398.jpg

P1010399.jpg

P1010400.jpg

Enjoy.

jumpinjack

Original Poster
Honda99300ex":2nslawl0 said:
Is that your heating pad inside the bin?

The one on the left is actually a checkbook box and the one on the right is the lid to a strawberry container. My cell doesn't take good pics so I can understand the confustion. My heat pads are on the bottom of the bins.

jumpinjack

Original Poster
StlGreaser":1ueaxgen said:
Here are some pics of my main breeder colony. There are over 320 female and 60 male adults.
P1010396.jpg

Food and water crystal bowls.
P1010397.jpg

Some of the egg flats.
P1010398.jpg

P1010399.jpg

P1010400.jpg

Enjoy.

Awesome, thats some serious amount of Frass accumulated in the bottom. I want to start letting mine build up more as I feel like I clean the main breeder bin out too often. How often do you clean yours out?

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
jumpinjack":3htmz8q5 said:
Honda99300ex":3htmz8q5 said:

The one on the left is actually a checkbook box and the one on the right is the lid to a strawberry container. My cell doesn't take good pics so I can understand the confustion. My heat pads are on the bottom of the bins.

I meant the second pic you posted, in the top left I saw the cord, and it led
to te white looking thing on the eggcrate, inwas thinking it was your heating pad lol, maybe a thermometer?

jumpinjack

Original Poster
Honda99300ex":1zvwgza4 said:
jumpinjack":1zvwgza4 said:
Honda99300ex":1zvwgza4 said:

I meant the second pic you posted, in the top left I saw the cord, and it led
to te white looking thing on the eggcrate, inwas thinking it was your heating pad lol, maybe a thermometer?

Oh, my bad! Your correct, it is a digital thermometer.

StlGreaser

Hatchling Member
jumpinjack":108xndpg said:
Awesome, thats some serious amount of Frass accumulated in the bottom. I want to start letting mine build up more as I feel like I clean the main breeder bin out too often. How often do you clean yours out?

I clean mine out every 6 to 8 months. The frass gives some more hiding places as the roaches will burrow in it.

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
Sapphire":2dpgvmgw said:
I can't wait til my colony is that big... lol.

me either!! I have 250 more coming, so that will put my colony at around 500-550. About 35-40 adult females, so I got a little while to go!! Haha

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Honda99300ex":1hf8hflv said:
Sapphire":1hf8hflv said:

me either!! I have 250 more coming, so that will put my colony at around 500-550. About 35-40 adult females, so I got a little while to go!! Haha

I have at least 50 adult females... 'Cause I bought 30 at one time and 25 at another... Oddly enough though, when I look into my bin I usually see more males than females. Do females tend to hide more?

jumpinjack

Original Poster
Sapphire":3sdbz6gt said:
Honda99300ex":3sdbz6gt said:
Sapphire":3sdbz6gt said:

I have at least 50 adult females... 'Cause I bought 30 at one time and 25 at another... Oddly enough though, when I look into my bin I usually see more males than females. Do females tend to hide more?

I would say you are correct. I normally have to move some crates around and then will see all the females hiding unless it is dark and I shine a flashlight in and see them all out and about feeding.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
I just sat by my roach bin for half an hour taking pictures of this roach shedding, lol.

20101005_27.jpg

Male or female? It looks female from the short wings but I don't know if males' wings are full size when they first shed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom