RIP Rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglin237

We lost rocket last night. I'm still not sure what happened exactly. I took her outside in the evening for her daily dose of uv and everything was fine. She ran around, then basked like normal. When I brought her back in, she was sluggish and didn't close her mouth for hours. The next thing I knew, she wasn't breathing. I have to wonder if it's possible that she got too hot outside and couldn't recover, or if this was just leftover complications from the head injury. Either way, I'm feeling pretty lousy like there had to have been something I could have done for her.

95230-104090977.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Oh No! :eek: That's so sad to hear! :cry: :cry: :( I'm So very sorry for your loss. :( :cry: We were all cheering for you Rocket! and We will all miss Spunky Lil Rocket. :( Keep your best memories of her close to you. :) I Hope her and Thor are both happily romping around in beardie heaven. :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am sorry to hear you lost little Rocket. :cry: Unless you had him in an enclosed glass tank it's
unlikely that he got too hot. Could he have eaten something toxic possibly?
I am so sorry for your loss.

Tracie

Anglin237

Original Poster
Drache613":1rmwp03w said:
Hello,

I am sorry to hear you lost little Rocket. :cry: Unless you had him in an enclosed glass tank it's
unlikely that he got too hot. Could he have eaten something toxic possibly?
I am so sorry for your loss.

Tracie

I had her in a large, short plastic tote, kind of like those most feed their beardies in. It's what I always took her out in because she was too small for a leash. She spent some time in the sun, but most of the outside time in the shade and I brought her in as soon as she showed signs of getting hot (mouth gaping). I cooled her off slowly outside of the tank before I put her back with the heat lamp too. There's no way it was something she ate either because she only ate what I hand fed her and her crickets were in the same tank as Leo's, who is just fine. We kind of figure that there was some complication from when Leo bit her. She did get bit right across the head, losing an eye.

dezismom

Juvie Member
I am so sorry for your loss! We do our best, but these wonderful creatures are fragile, and Sometimes, we cannot save them, no matter how we try. Head injuries are especially complicated and can have long term unavoidable consequences...however, That does not make the loss easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom