RIP: Miss Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emeraldcoast

Juvie Member
Hello All:

I lost my sweet Miss Sydney (3 yrs old) on 6-27-2010, Sunday. A neighbor helped me rush her to the reptile vet clinic 160 miles (round trip). She passed before we could get her there. The doctor was kind enough to do a necropsy right then and there.

Miss Sydney's body cavity was 14 cm. The vet found a 5 cm bleeding tumor, and an extremely enlarged liver, most likely caused by the tumor. She essentially bled out internally.

To make matters worse, the vet and I discovered that Miss Sydney was going to be a mommy. I dearly would have loved to have had one of her babies.

I know there is nothing I did or didn't do that caused this. But, even knowing that, all I can think of is my beautiful, sweet, personable girl, Miss Sydney.

I miss her so terribly. I raised her from 2 months old.

If I should ever find another german giant leucistic female, (preferably @ 2.5 yrs), I will adopt her and name her Miss Sydney Marie. I will NEVER forget her.

The day after she passed, my hubby and I went out and did some yardwork for a client of his. The very 1st thing I saw was a reptile. A 3-5 month old female, approximately 3-4 ounces, juvenile horned lizard. She was adorable. I relocated her to a safer area, so she would not get hurt by the mowers.

After all of that, there was this gorgeous black butterfly. With the mower engine AND blade going, meaning the mower was at it loudest, this butterfly stayed with me for 2.5 hours. It would not leave, regardless of noise, etc. It kept landing!! It was a beautiful experience.

Today, in the mail, I received a condolence card from the reptile vet. The night we lost Miss Sydney, was the first time I had ever had the pleasure of meeting her. She was great. Per my request, she sent me the CD of Miss Sydney's x-ray showing the tumor.
[/color]

I have VERY GRAPHIC PICS of the necropsy.

If you wish to view them, you may do so.

Here is the Photobucket link: It is under "Zookeeperofmany" http://s992.photobucket.com/albums/af47/ZooKeeperofMany/Zoo%20Keepers%20Photo%20Album/GRAPHIC%20NECROPSY%20of%20Ms%20Sydney%206-27-10/

RIP in peace, Miss Sydney. I will see you at the Rainbow Bridge. To me, THAT would be Heaven.

Emerald

FireBreathingDragon.gif
Signaturewithquotes-1-2-1.gif
FireBreathingDragon.gif

http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af47/ZooKeeperofMany/Zoo%20Keepers%20Photo%20Album/Signaturewithquotes-1-2-1.gif
COMPLETELY OWNED By My Zoo Crew: 3 Fire Breathing Beardies: Sir Darwin, Miss Sydney,2.5 yrs,(RIP:6-27-2010); Miss Precious,18 mths, (RIP:1-18-2010); Baby, 4 yrs., (RIP:12-30-2009), Rusty, AKA: The Torpedo, 5 yrs.; Bubba, 5 yrs; RN APBT Romeo,9 yrs.,(RIP:12-30-2008); Marley, BN APBT, 4 yrs; Bailey, APBT, 3 yrs; Madison, Boxer mix, 12 yrs; Sable, Beagle mix,12 yrs; Cockatiels: Prince Caesar, Prince Kaiser, 3.5 yrs; Miss Sophia, brown/white albino mouse,18 mths; Angel, Juvenile Horned Lizard, (RIP:5-23-2010) MY 15 HEART's of Love

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
im so sorry for your loss but i do appreciate you putting the pictures up im in school to be a vet tech and i found it interesting.
i belive that the butterfly and the horned lizard was gods way of telling you its all going to be alright i recently lost my dog that i had found and nursed when she was a puppy so i know exactly how you are feeling.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Ann,

Things will eventually get better, it just takes time. :( You were a wonderful mommy to Miss Sydney so I am quite sure that she was very happy & well loved. I am so sorry you lost her, but, she will always be with you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom