RIP Jojo <3 *8/23/06~6/29/10*

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Ha,as soon as I hit "submit" the vet office called and said Dr Sean was just finishing up now :D I will be back on in about 2 hours

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Michelle,

Poor Jojo, I'm so glad you realized something was wrong, who would have thought? :shock: We're praying hard that everything goes well & can't wait to get an update. Lots of hugs to you and Jojo from us,
Deb and Sweetie

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hope she is recovering well. Definitely keeping you and Jojo in thoughts and prayers.
Will keep checking back for updates.

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Not good news. :cry: Dr Sean said that as soon as he made the insicion blood and "ooze"started gushing out. There were no follicles in her! Apparently she had reabsorbed them a long time ago but she was so full of fluid that you couldnt tell on the x-ray. The problem is her liver.Instead of a nice mohagany color it is all tan and VERY swollen.In fact he said all of her organs were very swollen. He sent out a chunk of her liver to be tested(biopsy will take 4-5 days!). He thinks it is liver disease or liver failure. Liver failure cannot be treated but liver disease may possibly be treated. He did rule out "fatty liver disease" already though(something about it sinking or floating in fluid?). He thinks this liver trouble may be related to the Adeno Virus that she was born with. There wasnt much he could do right now besides flush her out and stitch her back up.I asked if he had removed her ovaries while he was in there and he said that because of the mess her insides were and that ovaries shrink when they are inactive he could not locate them.I did see her before I left,she was still sleeping but I gave her a kiss on the head. I have to call Dr Sean at 4:30 for an update.He will personally be checking on her throughout the night. I can pick her up at noon tomorrow.
This sucks! :(

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Aww...Thanks for the update Michelle....hang tough....i know u must be devastated.We are saying lots of prayers.
Cindy,Travis n Malibu

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Michele, I am so sorry to hear that.
I am really pulling for Jojo, and I hope that whatever it is, that it is the lesser of all of them. I wish I was nearer you to help or talk or something.
If you need anything, please let me know.
Hugs to you and lots of love and kisses to Jojo.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Aw! :cry: I'm so sorry to hear about Jojo Michele...your both in my thoughts and prayers.

(((Cyber Hugs!)))

And for Jojo....
((((Lots & Lots of Cyber Snuggles!)))

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh Michelle :( I am so sorry to hear about what is going on with Jojo.Please know that we are here for you and if you ever need a shoulder to cry on please dont hesitate.I hope the next update is better news and I am sending you and Jojo all the good thoughts I can right now.

To Miss Jojo
Please get well soon.Your Mommy misses you terribly.Dont give up honey.Fight...fight...fight!We need to see pics of yor pretty little face around here.We love you Jojo!

Much Love
Me

puppytoes72

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
You guys are great. Thank you for all the prayers,hugs,and good thoughts!
I just talked to Dr Sean.He said that Jojo is up and looking around.She has a little bit of ooze at the insicion site which is to be expected.She's about to get some more pain meds now.
I asked him since we do know that there is some kind of problem with the liver does that mean that her body will fill up with fluid again.He said "probably,it's definately something we have to watch for".So then I asked about a time frame,like will it be days or weeks? He said that it's a possibility. I hope the biopsy results come back fast so we can hopefully start some kind of treatment so that doesnt happen :(
I asked him if he will be there when I pick up Jojo tomorrow,and he told me to call the office 30 minutes before I arrive and let the secretary know and he will make sure that he is there when I arrive :D
I've been tearing her cage apart and sterilizing everything with chlorhexidine and then ran it through the dishwasher.I'm almost done,I just have to put everything back in there.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
This story has promted me to make an appointment for Malibu.She hasn't stopped eating ,just the opposite she is eating 2 salads a day and about 10 supers everyother.She is extermly large.
I am hoping she just has a big appetite.She has also only been basking for about 6 hours a day.I want to make sure all is well if she decides to brumate,which she has never done completly,she is 3 years old this month.Her last batch of eggs was sept.13.i am hopng if she has eggs they can feel
them,i can't feel any but have never felt them when she was full before either.Her color is good n she looks healthy just really large..it will be interesting to see what she actually weighs.
They will do a fecal also.
Again prayers to you n JoJo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom