RIP Heinrich

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionSS

Its hard to write this as i am both angry and depressed. I had to go out of town over the weekend and a friend was going to come over to check on my reptiles. I got a call last night and was in shock. Im not mad at him as it was an honest mistake but cost me Heinrich. Apparently he poo'd and made a mess of his cage so my friend decided to clean it. He put Heinrich into my savannah monitors enclosure thinking it wouldnt be a problem since it is a huge space. got a call that Heinrich was gone, when he went back to get him, kaiba had already gotten him. I have had him since November(craigslist rescue), Heinrich was a small beardie for his age, 13" and about a year old when I got him but he had his own unique silly personality. Taking Kaiba to the vet tomorrow to get checked out. I have had Kaiba for 5 years and he is about 4' in length and has been a great pet. I know my friend feels horrible about it and has already offered to buy me a new beardie but its just way too soon. he really didnt think anything could happen in the little amount of time Heinrich was in Kaiba's cage. Please everyone, if you are going to have someone take care of your pets, go over every little detail about what to do and not to do. I would hate to have anyone else to go through this.

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
dude I'm soo sorry that's terrible :( Don't beat yourself up too hard, it was a matter of not enough education to the sitter, but how could you have known he would put him in there.... what a horrible story

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear about this, and no, it`s not your fault. Who would have thought something like this could happen. I know you`ll miss Heinrich.

dangit12

Juvie Member
Hi I'm sorry for your loss. I just hate when people are not well educated and do stupid stuff. It is not your fault though. Did he even say sorry for what he did?

nordica

Hatchling Member
Oh sweetie, I am so, so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine going through this... *gentle hugs*

LegionSS

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, now that it's been a few days I can look at this with a clear head. My friend feels awful about it, told him no worries as it was an innocent mistake. I shouldnt have assumed he knew better than to put the 2 together. Took Kaiba to the vet as I was worried that eating Heinrich may cause problems for him but he checked out fine. I may get a new beardie later this spring but haven't decided yet. Thanks again for the condolences.

Monotov

Hatchling Member
Gosh that is terrible. No one is at fault for this, it's just honest human mistakes, he doesn't know much about reptiles and their aggression, but you also didn't think that he would put your beardie in that enclosure. I'm so sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up over this though I know how hard it may be. Only time will let you heal, and it is glad to hear that your friend has some remorse and offered to help buy you a new beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom