right place for UVB tube???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
i have made a few changes in lola viv to see if it helps with her inactivity and she shedding i used to have my UVB tube on the front top just behind the lip of the viv so it wasnt so bright for us (it wasnt behind glass or anything).. some one told me on here that i should move it to the back wall as when its up the front she cant get under and close enough to get the proper uvb rays.. so i am hopeing this is gna speed up her shedding and make her a little more active... in your opinion (whoever replys) do u think this might work? i would be greatful for any sugestions :lol

i have had a problem with lola shedding she turns gray and looks like she is about to she then it just stays like it for about a month ahe is also very inactive laying in her hide most of the day she only comes out to warm up a little i think but she mostly just lays there! i dust her meat and have all the right temps and equiptment as i used the forum when i first got her to get it right

i would love anyones opinion and if u think that moving her ub tube will help with both these issues

many thanks

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Moving the UVB light inside the tank will help for sure. You can mount it inside the tank wall using command hooks. Also it should be placed by the basking spot because that is where they spend the majority of their time. It should be 6-8 inches away from them.

sophiehawes

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
brittani299":3w4p53ta said:
Moving the UVB light inside the tank will help for sure. You can mount it inside the tank wall using command hooks. Also it should be placed by the basking spot because that is where they spend the majority of their time. It should be 6-8 inches away from them.

hi thanks for the reply.. i have always had the tube on the inside but it was at the front top so she couldnt get under it to get the rays i have moved it to the back wall now right next to her basking spot.. she was abit bewildered this morning as i changed it and some of the decore but im hopin she will get a little more active and shis willl help with the shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom