Richie

Status
Not open for further replies.
So being an animal lover all my life I've always had animals. You know, the classic dog, cat, fish, hamster, etc. Recently, Dec 21, 2013 I acquired my first beardie! Yay me! She is a 2yr old someone was giving away for free on craigslist full setup included. Luck of the draw considering it was the day after my birthday! I recently found this forum and have been lurking for about a week but have decided to make a post and become active. So without further waiting...HERE'S RICHIE!

P.S. She now has slate tile instead of sand.

ohsnapitscharity

Original Poster
My guess is at least 20inches. I haven't put her by a tape measure yet but I will try to do that this evening. She's massive. On a side note, what does healthy beardie poop look like? And should she poop every day? She poops more like once a week and she gets bathed roughly 3times a week. Also, is she supposed to shed at all at this age? She hasn't so I am curious to know.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Healthy beardie poop should be soft and moist to show that they are hydrated. It's pretty solid looking with a long brown bit and a little pit of white at one end. If it is mushy and not a solid shape it means that they are too hydrated.

When beardies are babies they poop every day if not more. As they get older pooping 1x to 2x a week is normal.

At 2 years old she should be done growing. Once they're done growing, they shed a lot less often. They also shed in pieces whereas babies shed everything. Somedays it's the back leg or part of their tail or just their beard. Though mine when they were babies grew a lot didn't shed that much Then there will be some babies who aren't even finished with their first shed and are shedding again.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask away.

ohsnapitscharity

Original Poster
Thanks so much! I'm guessing her poop is alright then. There is some liquid mixed in with it though. How would I go about making her less hydrated? She gets pellets soaked in 100% natural juice (enjoys them), salads, and crickets/worms.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Does she get bathed at all? And how often? When a dragon is bathed, they absorb moisture through their vent. It's hard they keep hydrated.

What kind of juice?

If you want to, you can post a pic of her poo on here next time she goes. We've all done it at one point or another to make sure it looks healthy.

ohsnapitscharity

Original Poster
zandi202":11b2cu8c said:
Does she get bathed at all? And how often? When a dragon is bathed, they absorb moisture through their vent. It's hard they keep hydrated.

What kind of juice?

If you want to, you can post a pic of her poo on here next time she goes. We've all done it at one point or another to make sure it looks healthy.

She gets bathed 3-4 times a week. And currently it's apple juice but I've also used peach juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom