Retained shed or ??? (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandice

I'm in need of some advice. My beardie Bob has got a small spot on his chin that is about the same size of his eye. I was pretty sure that it's a bit of retained shed from his shed about 3 weeks ago, but I'm not as sure of that now. It is raised from the rest of his skin, looks almost swollen but it doesn't seem to hurt to the touch. I've been trying to help loosen it with baths and mistings, but because of where it is it's difficult to soak :? The color hasn't changed at all but it has seemed to become more swollen in the last few days.

Below are some pics of the spot. It was difficult to get the camera to focus and Bob wasn't too happy about it :lol: but I think there are a few really good ones here. Afterwards I got the stink eye, black beard and the "I'm the boss and don't you dare try that again" bob :lol:
Ideas? Suggestions? I'm open to them :) ... I'm your typical worried beardie mom :roll:

088.jpg

090.jpg

092.jpg

093.jpg

098.jpg

099.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

brandice

Original Poster
Would it grow over a few days like that? I haven't seen him rubbing his chin on anything (other than getting comfy at bed time) so I'm reluctant to think it's a callous. lol he's still giving me the stink eye... he's good at holding a grudge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom