resting stomach in water bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennamah

Our new 6yr old BD who wasn't eating due to relocation we think finally took about 8-10 superworms with us placing the worms in front of him.
Now he crawled over his water dish and is resting his stomach in the water. Is this something we should be concerned with.
He had his bath last night- so we know he is hydrated. He also pooped last night in the tub. A Red flag? or nothing to worry about. :?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
None of this is anything to be concerned with. Beardies OFTEN poop in the bath lol. Also if he is resting in the water bowl he is probably just trying to cool off, make sure the tank is big enough for him to have a cool side of the tank and make sure the hot spot isn't too hot.

BDMom22

Juvie Member
My big boy loves to lay in the water bowl, infact I have it in there for mostly that reason, b/c he drinks when hes' in the tub anyway, the water is just freshly put in there everyday incase he wants to just sit in it :) I wouldnt worry really, specially if he is pooping and eating :)

jennamah

Original Poster
Thank you all. On my first message, I wasn't clear. I know pooping in the tub is normal.
I put that in there to show he wasn't impacted. It was the stomach in the water I was worried about as a red flag.
glad it isn't. He sat there for 2 hrs so we finally moved him. I appreciate all the help we get on this forum. We really want to make him comfortable.
Being a newbie is hard even after reading all the caresheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom