respritory infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
my big girl Shiva drank some water from her bath a couple of days ago...i think she might have taken too much because she started to "cough" she would move her tounge around like she is licking her lips and then she would breathe out and it would sound like a hissing sound. Im now worried she might develop something serious....

i dont think this is related but it still sucks...she is started to have very runny stool...which makes me believe she has developed parasites...
her roommate (on the other side of the divider) is having normal stool so I have ruled out their food.
Im going to make an appt with the vet to see all of them before i leave to south carolina. i just hope that they dont develop serious health problems before then :cry:

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Sorry that Shiva does not seem to be doing well.
Can you give us some info about your setup temps etc?

coldhearted

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
my setup temps are 100-102F basking
about 85F cool side.
We are using a reptisun, we got it in May of this year right when we go the babies.
They are on tile with shelf liner
They both have water bowel.
Ive been feeding them collard greens/mustard greens for the vegi side of their diet
before that i was feeding them alot of carrots (thats the main food for the crickets)
could that be a problem for them?

She does this behavior every once in a while now...its still freaking me out
it seems like she is blowing out air then swallowing....

other then her weird cough she was seeming a bit sleepy today...but as soon as i put in the crickets she is on it!!!
So weird "cough", not good stool, but excellent appetite, basking well

stupid vet is closed most of the weekend so i have to hope i can get an appt tomorrow.
Im taking all of them in for a check up and its going to be very expensive but id much rather know they are all healthy by the time i leave (or are getting the care they need)

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
Don't respiratory infections develop from high humidity? What is your humidity reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom