Respiratory infection???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed my baby girl was breathing heavily and occasionally opening her mouth to breath, sometimes I hear a popping like sound when she breath's... Noticed the humidity in the tank was very high like 80%, still very active,eating good,pooping fine,bright eye's, alert I'm just scared sh#^*less. That's my kid I would die if she did. I called the vet and made an appointment for Saturday evening (only opening he had) what can I do to ease her discomfort thou she doesn't seem to be in any...Please HELP her beardie family :!:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....sorry about your little one. You must get the humidity down,remove any water bowl, don't spray any water, and switch immediately if you have a loose sustrate like sand, wood chips, etc. These can all hold humidity. Your vet will prescribe antibiotics....for now, keep her tank at about 80 overnight, and 105 hot side and 80 cool side during the day.

Bestpittbull

Original Poster
Thank you soo much, my friend I'll keep her warm. 80* got it. removed water dish. holding her right now giving her some love and attention like she craves all the time. I thank you and my baby girl thanks you too. LOL charles. :D

Esther19

BD.org Addict
You'll want to pick up probiotic to help restore the beneficial gut flora that the antibiotics will remove. Acidophiliz+ and Benebac are available online, and perhaps in pet stores. Soy yogurt is also good. Give the probiotic 6 hours before or after the medicine. Let us know how she is doing.

Bestpittbull

Original Poster
Thank you Ester and AHBA for your love and support for my baby girl. She's resting right now bundled up in her favorite mini blanket and micro fiber cloth, fast asleep on the computer desk next to the fan on the computer that blow's out the warm air from my laptop...I will keep you posted I got the vet appointment moved down to 9:20 am Saturday(tomorrow). P.S. Thank's beardie family,LOL Charles/Bestpittbull :study:

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Only thing I can add is rice sacks are great for keeping your baby warm while you are cuddling her,,,and for the trip to the vet. I'm not sure where to buy one...I made mine. Plain white rice, material,,sew up three sides,,,add rice,,sew up last side. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds at a time, shaking the bag after heating,,I do mine twice for 30 seconds, and 15 seconds the last time. Bearded Dragon.co was the best place I found to get the Pet Authority Acidolpholiz+. Best price, quickest shipping.

Bestpittbull

Original Poster
Thank's kcarello, I'll give it a shot,you people (bearded dragon family) are awesome, I think a few of you were praying for my baby girl last night because when we got up this morning 5am to get ready to catch the bus for the vet, my baby girl was 99.9% better she's not showing signs of any respiratory distress, she was up before me waiting for me to pick her up. were still going to run to the vet just in case. I'll keep you all posted on our condition THANK'S BEARDIE FAMILY>>> :D

kcarello

Gray-bearded Member
Glad to hear your baby is doing better. Im also glad you are going to the vet. It is so much better to be safe than sorry. Well wishes to your baby!

Bestpittbull

Original Poster
Thank's Karcello, just got back from the vet Baby girl is doing just fine they ran some test's on her threw some cricket's in front of her to see if her hunting instinct was active, she attacked and ate those cricket's. they wanted to make sure she wasn't lethargic. She even gave a stool sample all by her self (right after she ate the last cricket) So my wallet's a little lighter but my heart is so full of joy because of all the help you beardie parent's offered me, thank's for your support. Love Charles & Baby Girl :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom