research iguanas vs dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
If you are looking for something fun and personable, I think bearded dragons are a really great choice. They are very entertaining and have a great personality. I've heard that ackies monitors also are really great. They are just like bearded dragons, except they are monitor lizards. That is a really great choice if you are looking for something like a monitor lizards, but have a personality and size of bearded dragons. They don't get as big as some of the monitor species, so it's cheaper to keep in the long run. The initial cost is a little more than other monitors, but the food bill will add up once the larger monitor species reaches full size. Monitors eat a ton just like bearded dragons, not to mention the very large species. Hope this help! :D

Ronzie

Hatchling Member
Being around iguanas thoughout my childhood and then with a friend when I was older I never really experenced any other type of lizard.
But now that I have a beardie, I don't really want an iguana anymore. I've been wanting one since about 1975 when I was 10. Just my personal feelings now.
I have really nothing bad to say about iguanas because the ones I was lucky to be around were very tame and big sucks. All were handled and out of their cage daily being treated like a family dog.
Whichever you decide, sounds like you've done some reseach.
One plus is that iguanas are vegetarians and laid back. But beardies have a better personality and more enjoyable imo.

maytes

Hatchling Member
My iggy grew to 6 feet,broke out of the cage and ate my cat and bird!!! Stay away from iggys. The firemen were called to control him-he was huge and nasty and frightful. I hate them,a lesson learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom