Rescued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damensha

Hello I and my two beardies are new, and I am new to beardies.

So a close long-distance friend of mine has had beardies for a long while so I knew a little bit about them, before i decided to take them on sink wasent going in blind.

Anyway, I rescued my two children from someone who could not/ would not take proper care of them. Them male wasn't bad, he has a considerably shorter tail, and some missing toes on his back feet, but I hear that is common.

Here he is Prince Phillip
CAQAZlF.jpg

The female how ever was much worse, she has some snout damage, and worst of al, her right wrist was broken and was just left to rot away for 5+ days!( she said 5 days but it was definitely more the poor Girls toes were only hanging on my dried tendons and could be blown around by lightly blowing on them)
How I received her:
G1wXl6a.jpg

They told ne it would just fall off with time, but her BONE was hanging out so i took her right to the vet, they said she had a rot traveling up her arm and if I left it alone she would have died! They had to amputate her whole right arm.

This is her now, the beautiful strong Briar Rose:
GaaHPHh.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thank you for taking them in! It sounds like they both urgently needed a better situation and I'm glad you're able to give them a good home. I'm glad to hear they are doing better now. I'm unable to see your photos but I'd love to see them. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
How can anyone look at that poor arm and not do anything about it. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have animals.
:evil:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, I agree that needed to be amputated to stop the spread of infection/decay. I'm glad that went well. She should be able to recover and have a very full life without the use of her arm though. How are they both doing now?

Damensha

Original Poster
oh they are both doing very good, the male is growing so fast and is constantly shedding. he get the last of the shedd off and not 3 days later he starts his shedding on his head again :p

she is doing good she loves to just cling to her log upright and bask. she is not growing as much as he is, but i added an extra day of insects to her diet to help her grow.

according to the person whom i rescued them from, they are both turning a yeard old this august 12th 2016 ^_^ i am excited to share their first birthday with them, probably a fruit and bug party :D

Damensha

Original Poster
Haha so turns out they are both female, Prince Philip is now Erza. And Erza just laid her first batch of unfertilized eggs tottal of 17

Damensha

Original Poster
Oh it sure was! Lol but they are both good, and stressing mama out by outgrowning their tanks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom