Rescued a beardie - need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy2

Hatchling Member
Welcome to the board and congrats on your new girl!! She is very pretty :D It sounds like you are doing great with her. What UVB Bulb did you order for her? I agree, sometimes beardies don't like to eat their salads in front of people...my beardie is that way. He won't eat his if he thinks we are watching him. It is best to leave the salad in with them all day, that way if she gets curious, she can give it a try during the day. That is how I got my guy to start eating his salad. Persistence is the key :wink: I bet she would love some hornworms...I have never heard of a beardie not loving them. Where are you located?
Keep up the good work! She looks great!! Thanks for rescuing her

Amy

jodavis10

Original Poster
My reptisun bulb arrived today!!! Yay! Loki's home is slowly shaping up. I'm going to get some draw liner to replace the sand later and I want to start building her a new basking surace from the diy pages. There are some that are reaaly cool!!! Still no salad, but its in there everyday.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
jodavis10":15tyr50x said:
My reptisun bulb arrived today!!! Yay! Loki's home is slowly shaping up. I'm going to get some draw liner to replace the sand later and I want to start building her a new basking surace from the diy pages. There are some that are reaaly cool!!! Still no salad, but its in there everyday.

The salad will happen, I really have my fingers crossed for you. We only have ONE dragon out of 14 who won't eat salad, so the odds are for you.

I am glad you are finding so much information in DIY and you are inspired! Also so glad to hear that the UVB came in. Good news all around. I promise, bearded dragons are incredible pets, but they really are only awesome if you do things properly. And I mean the lighting, temps, hydration....they are all very important. If they are not right, you have a lethargic and sick, eventually even a dead dragon, but if you do it all correctly, you will have a great pet for years to come. They can live 8-10 years if kept properly. Pretty cool.

Anyhow, good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom