Rescue?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
They may have missed it the first time around because there wasn’t that many and this time around there’s enough to show in the testing. Did you get this news before or after you planned on making your trip?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
We will stay prayed up for you guys but he will be ok. Now you know and can treat it, what they give you panacur? What kind of parasites is it ?

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
is there any way to take him with you so you can stay on top of his meds and have someone come to feed hazel for the couple days?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I am driving about 5 hours and I'm going camping which during night is FREEZING. They did give me Panacur. They said that it is a pinworm which is pretty common in bearded dragons. I found out after I booked the campsite. During the day is hot and that'll be perfect for him but I am not quite sure about during the night. I am leaving today though. I do not really wanna risk in him dying. Will it be okay? The temps get to 35-30 At night and 85-95 during the day. The trip is also long as well.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
If you had a space heater or something like that to heat tote or something for the dragon yes. At 30° though if you have no way to supplement some heat for him That’s a big no go that’s way too cold

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
All of that sounds like it be very stressful on the dragon system though. new environment If you don’t have someone around to get the medication and look after them I wouldn’t go. Plus you need like a generator or things like that do you have access to electricity when you go. I’m guessing no it’s camping LOL

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I have a radiant and a space heater and I'm taking both with me. I am deciding if I should take him. What I can do is use my RV and just put him in that while going and not go in a tent so that way I can give him the right amount and the right Medication.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hello!

First night was great! Warrior and I had fun driving in the car and Warrior ended up snuggling with me in the car 😂. We got there around 9 and I set up His tank, gave him one last snuggle, and put him in his cage where he can sleep. He also ate before going to bed a special treat that he goes CRAZY FOR everyday, Salad Tacos! Where the salad is the shell, the dubias are the meat,
the pollen, and Shredded carrots as the cheese 😂. Thats The only way he'll eat his salads. Hazel she eats it separately. When I put it in her cage, she comps on it before I drop it😂. I like to give him the tacos just so that way it's a little fun for him to eat and fun for me to eat. I also make him it because he deserves the best!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hello guys!

I don't go on a lot anymore since I'm taking care of Warrior. He was doing great until this morning. He is very Lethargic, Hopeless, and he's not eating and drinking very well. I'm very desperate. He was doing so good. He still has his same lighting(Which is on one of the posts on here) and same tank. I clean it out every week and I take him a bath once or twice a week unless he runs into his poop or when he gets sassy and smashes his blueberries with his nose and plays with it instead of eating it. I made a Vet appointment. His parasites are getting better and his poop is getting better but I don't know what's going on😢. I give him all the good Fruits and veggies that you can give him including Squash, Kale, Etc. I will go ove the lighting. It's a ZooMed 24" UVB light and is a T5. His Basking light is a 75 w ZooMed Basking Light. His vet appointment is In two days. I'm Very desperate and I would like to hear a thought ASAP in case if it is very serious that is happening.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
He Just showed a black beard this morning and it seems to be that his left arm is swollen again. When I try to touch it he hissed at me so I'm assuming that that is in pain. His vet appointment is today at 12 which I'm getting ready to leave and see what is going on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom