Rescue Dragon is kinda small??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys it has been quite a while since I posted on here last, I have a pretty dragon that I think is kinda small for her age. She is 9 months old, but only 10 inches!! Ive been trying to get her hoked on greens for a while now and she just isnt into it! She might just be a litte slow, Im just afraid im doing somthing wrong.. I will try to figure out how to get pics soon.
Thanks!!

Thedragon97

Original Poster
Well, not to sure on what she had before because he kept it all, I have her in a 18x18x24 until she gets a little bigger. I have her under a repti sun 15W 10.0 uvb, and a 75W basking light. As far as feeding goes, she has been eating alot or crickets and some greens. She dosent like the greens to much but she will eat them when i give them to her.
IMAG0105_zpse1a3eea1.jpg

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Gratz on your new buddy.
You should get rid of the sand, get a thermoeter with a remote probe as well. The sand can cause impaction and the dial thermometers are usually off by 20% or so. Also you should have the UVB bulb inside the enclosure.

Thedragon97

Original Poster
Thanks! I usually hand feed her, do you think i should still get rid of the sand? And about the thermometer, im only 15 and funds are kinda low right now lol. Any tips for putting the uvb inside the tank ???

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Even if you hand feed her you should get rid of the sand, Beardies like to test their enviroment with their tongue so she may lick some up that way. No reason to take a chance when there is no need to. Tile, shelf liner, papertowel or even newspaper is better then sand.
The digital thermometer with remote probe can be purchased at Walmart for $8.00. As for the light, you can use 3m Command hooks or 3M Velcro strips to attach it to the inside of the tank. These can also been purchased at Walmart for a low price.

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Don't use the coil UVB it can cause eye problems. You can get the reptisun 10.0 tube bulb. Also that cage is a bit too small

Thedragon97

Original Poster
The tube is what im using so were all good there! :) and funny you should say that, i moved her into a bigger one about 2 minutes ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom