Rescue beardie with swollen legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleymthornton1990

Hatchling Member
89991-3688524524.jpg
89991-7975074616.jpg
89991-30500708.jpg
this little girl is Lizzy and I rescued her a few weeks ago. She is 3 to 4 years old. 17 inches long. When I received her she was a little under 100 grams and was unable to walk or lift her head. The vet wasby sure if she would walk again. After a week of critical care she started to gain weight and energy to lift her head up. With water baths I have been able to get her walking again and using her back legs. She is beginning to shed. But I'm worried about her front legs. They seem a little swollen to me. She still needs to gain some more weight it's been a slow and steady process. But I want to make sure this little girl is getting all help possible. But I don't want to stress her out by hauling her to the vet again.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm glad to hear she's making such good progress under your care. Based on the photos her arms don't look too bad. My first thought is that the swelling is related to the shed. Sometimes their skin will swell up a bit to help loosen during the shed process. Keep an eye on it but if this is the case, the swelling should go down after the shed is done.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing today?
Let us know how the legs are looking. Hopefully it is just a shed!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom