Reputable Breeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

BURRRRR

I'm looking for one. Please only send REPUTABLE breeders. I'm not set into anything yet and want to take my time finding the right, healthy one.

I'm not really into the citrus/bright yellow coloring. This (to me) is what I am REALLY looking for:

CSB3116c.jpg

CRIMSON SUPER BLOOD FROM A1 REPTILES

Not unnaturally red, but with a few nice colors here and there.

Before I get anyone started, I know its not really about the color. They are living beings, so their total health is a HUGE concern for me.

Also, how to beardies do with cats. I have a small cat who is fairly docile but I don't want to take the risk is there is a substantial one.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
I got my beardie last month from www.rockinardragonz.com Awesome people and will answer any questions you have, very healthy dragons and they care for their dragons like they are little babies... Highly recommended! I also got one from www.Carolinaclassicdragons.com This dragon is also very healthy and David is a good breeder.

As for your cat, just keep an eye out. Dragons need to run around. Maybe when the dragon is out you can put your cat in another room? I have 3 dogs, 3 cats and 2 beardies and we are all just one big happy family!!

Hope this helps.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
You can also look at
RioReptiles and Yellowroomreptiles both have really nice dragons
Tom at TND dragons has nice dragons as well.

There are several other small breeders on here who have beautiful beardies but I am braindead at the momemt lol and cannot think of their names so please don't be offended.

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Barbara on here always has good reviews. I have two dogs and three cats. I just lock them up to let my beardie out

BURRRRR

Original Poster
Thank you. I actually live with my parents who have 5 dogs and 7 cats :| Hopefully once I can land a decent job I can get my own place, but for now I'm confined to my room.

Any more suggestions?

YellowRoomReptiles

Juvie Member
I always recommend the smaller breeders, they take excellent care of their babies and always have time to handle each and every one of them. Also, do your research on that breeder, ask around, email the breeder! Ask all kinds of questions. A good breeder will take the time to help you out even if you aren't buying from them. Ask for pictures of the parents, they can give you a good idea of what the babies will look like. If you are looking for a red, I definately suggest this, because a lot of reds tend to fade as adults, so if you want to keep that pretty color, make sure the parents still look nice. Also check out the surroundings in the pictures. I never buy from people who show poop in their pictures. It's a pet peeve of mine.

But definately do your research, there are a lot of nice breeders out there. Check out this link:

http://www.rioreptiles.com/breeders.html

Cheryl has an entire list of beardie breeders, check them all out and go with what your gut tells you!

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
Another good thing would be to find a breeder close enough for you to pick the dragon up yourself. That way you can see whats goin on inside and you will know if its a good situation or not.

Honda99300ex

Juvie Member
YellowRoomReptiles":36vrpur3 said:
I always recommend the smaller breeders, they take excellent care of their babies and always have time to handle each and every one of them. Also, do your research on that breeder, ask around, email the breeder! Ask all kinds of questions. A good breeder will take the time to help you out even if you aren't buying from them. Ask for pictures of the parents, they can give you a good idea of what the babies will look like. If you are looking for a red, I definately suggest this, because a lot of reds tend to fade as adults, so if you want to keep that pretty color, make sure the parents still look nice. Also check out the surroundings in the pictures. I never buy from people who show poop in their pictures. It's a pet peeve of mine.

But definately do your research, there are a lot of nice breeders out there. Check out this link:

http://www.rioreptiles.com/breeders.html

Cheryl has an entire list of beardie breeders, check them all out and go with what your gut tells you!

Yellowroom also has some nice dragons!! I got my hypo yellow/orange Leatherback from them, beautiful dragon!!

BURRRRR

Original Poster
I just talked to Teri @ A1 Reptiles and it's looking promising. They have the baby that I posted above, so I got her to send me a picture of the parents and they both look REALLY healthy and are holding their color very well. I have also read great reviews on them both. Has anyone personally dealt with them?

I also contacted Bob @ Sandfire Dragon Ranch and he says that they should be getting a few more Red/Golds that I really like in the upcoming months. They too look really promising. Anyone have a dragon from them?

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Did you know you can look up Good Guy and Bad Guy posts on Fauna Classifieds BOI? I have no personal experience with A-1 but have a friend who bought 3 dragons from them. This is not an appropriate place to share such info publicly out of respect for other breeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom