reptisun10.0 fit in slimeline fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
I have a Zilla slimeline fixture and I was wondering if anyone had trouble using it with their reptisun10.0 tube? When I adopted Lincoln the fixture came with a bulb and it worked fine but I wanted the recommended UVB light so I bought that right away but I have been having a lot of trouble with it. Sometimes it will flicker for a looooooong time before it turns on. I might have to turn it on/off a few times to get it to work and today it would only flicker. I still had the old bulb and it turned on right a way. Do you think my bulb is already broken or does it not "go" correctly with the Zilla fixture?

Hope its not the bulb I bought it a week ago. I will have to bring out the puppy eyes to return it and get a new one :cry: :lol:

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
I am not a fan of Zilla products... they've been unreliable and looked low-quality (in my experience with them). If the fixture was working alright with the other bulb, then it could be the ReptiSun; however, I'd say it's very likely the fixture itself is faulty. Zilla light fixtures are known to quickly malfunction.

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What fixture would you recommend? I have read a lot of people just but one from wal-mart or a hardware store instead of a reptile specific one. I am all about saving some $$ if quality not sacrificed too much. 8)

OwnedByOola

Hatchling Member
Do you want a fixture that sits on top of a screen, or one that can be screwed into the top panel of a vivarium? And what length bulb do you want to use?

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
When i first got my beardie i bought the same zillla slimline you have and later found out that the zilla uvb is no good and i paid like 40$ for it and didnt want a 40$ fixture so i returned it and got one from walmart and im so glad i did, it was less than half the price and its basically just a peice of plastic behind the bulb with the two brackets on the side to snap the bulb into so its much smaller and works much better for mounting inside the tank than the zilla fixture would. When you look into my tank all you can see it the bulb and no bulky plastic around the edges. But if you do stick with the zilla make sure you take off the plastic cover because that blocks some of the uvb. I love my walmart fixture :) and its black! (my tank is trimmed in blavk, like most, and the screen and all is black so i thought white wouldnt look as good)

EccentricME

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the responses guys. The fixture has to sit on top for now. Next week were are moving so in a month or so we are going to build a custom with a sliding door. I hate having to move everything like I do everytime I want to open the viv I feel like I am drowning in wires.
We have an 18" right now but when we move up in viv size I think we have to get a bigger UVB light? So eventually we would need one that can be mounted.

Ps I ripped off the plastic cover on the slimeline as soon as we got it. :D

Dementeddogz

Hatchling Member
EccentricME":14wf0cv4 said:
What fixture would you recommend? I have read a lot of people just but one from wal-mart or a hardware store instead of a reptile specific one. I am all about saving some $$ if quality not sacrificed too much. 8)

Cant beat the $8 walmart fixture when it comes to a 24" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom